Golf App/Firmware update coming soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoke

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I know everyone know this but felt like a small nudge to Microsoft was warranted.
It's golf season now, I hope this update comes soon, before season is over.
We all don't live in areas with golf year round.

golfingasu

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Just talked to Microsoft support agent, Golf tile may be here by the end of the week. Of course they said there may be other delays, but that sounds like it's very close to me.

acousticpoem

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Got the update but when trying to add the Golf tile via Microsoft Health App it says band error and stops. Turning Golf off allows it to update ok. Real pain.

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
How did you get the update? Was it firmware update? I have noticed that there is a Taylor Made connection now available under connected apps, but nothing on MSB tile wise.

Since I am on iOS, probably just late...

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Installed and it looks fully functional on Android -- no trouble locating/loading local courses. Looks pretty sexy on the Band too. *sigh* Too bad I don't golf!

I wonder if I can add miniature golf courses?!?!?!?! LOL

-Matt

anon(9173271)

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I am also on iOS- had not been prompted for the update. I was able to load the update through the Windows desktop app.

This said- the desktop app will not allow you to add a new tile.... My guess is that there is an iOS app update needed to show the new tile - so iOS likely won't update firmware until the new app is made available through the iOS app store. Hopefully Apple won't take too long to review / publish.

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
If you cannot load the golf tile, because the Band has not received the new firmware update, you can force the update by removing the MS Health app and re-installing it on your phone. No data is lost in this process but some Band preferences get reset.

One other changes is emotions now working on notifications, although I

reb31

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I got it this morning on WP - but whenever I try and add the Golf Tile I just get this error: -

Band error - Something went wrong. Please try again.

Any ideas?

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got it this morning on WP - but whenever I try and add the Golf Tile I just get this error: -

Band error - Something went wrong. Please try again.

Any ideas?

I was getting that until this morning when I launched MS Health app and it told me that my Band needed an update. Once that update applied (the 2nd in the last week) I was able to load the golf tile/app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077