07-16-2015 12:04 PM
59 123
tools
    Got my stats from syncing my band with the health dashboard instead of through the app and there are only a few basic stats like calories burned, steps, distance, heart rate, pace of play, duration, pars or better, and longest drive and a chart of your score by hole. All the really awesome graphics and metrics like the scatter charts and heat maps are coming soon as it appears that the TaylorMade myRoundPro is not quite ready other than to sign up. Still freaking out about the MS health app not working on my phone though. Wont download for more than a second using the old Windows 8 Store and the Windows Store beta on 10149 only downloads the old version of the health app.
    07-02-2015 05:26 PM
    Update is now available in the App Store for iPhone. Just got it and loaded to my band. Hope to try it out tomorrow.
    07-02-2015 09:41 PM
    Thanks swebs - I'm guessing I still need this 2nd update (I got the 1st earlier this week). Just out of interest what is your Band Software Version? Mine is 10.2.2823.0
    I got update this morning - works fine now
    07-03-2015 02:53 AM
    Anyone noticed that the contrast of the band seems better since this update? Could be going nuts, but the screen definitely seems sharper for some reason. Maybe my eyes have got worse instead ;)
    07-05-2015 03:58 AM
    Anyone noticed that the contrast of the band seems better since this update? Could be going nuts, but the screen definitely seems sharper for some reason. Maybe my eyes have got worse instead ;)
    I think so. I just thought it was me choosing a new background and wallpaper after a reset! :)
    07-05-2015 10:21 AM
    This is driving me nuts... It's the 14th of July, and I still don't see the golf tile on my Band. Did an update from my Windows 10 phone (the latest build), and even downloaded the desktop sync app which just updated the band again.. and still no golf tile on the band, nor on the Microsoft health app. What am I doing wrong?
    07-14-2015 06:41 PM
    Ummmm. How does it tell the difference between a practice swing and the real thing? I suppose to tee-off it could (shock), but putting would be hard.
    Good question. Clearly hitting the ball from the tee or on the fairway, there is a vibration from impact that the MSB can sense.

The putting is another question as you note. Perhaps it has to do with frequency and motion rate. In other words, most people take couple, three practice swings rather rapidly. Once real shot/stroke is made, players tend to hold the finishing position longer than practice swings. Its that pause period that may distinguish the difference, in addition to vibration feedback. Also, there is a sound associated with hitting the ball, including putting. Microphone could pick up that sound...

Just rationalizing.
    For putting, your Band already knows you're on the green by GPS. Perhaps that would determine the amount of force to register a stroke.
    07-15-2015 03:57 PM
    I had the same problem on my 1520 running TP WM10. I had already updated Microsoft Heath from the new Store and could not figure out why I was not getting the update. I opened the old Store and read the description for MH and noticed that it included the new Golf feature and the app in the new Store did not. So I deleted the app and installed it again from the old Store and I had the Golf tile shortly after. As of today the MH app in the new store still has not been updated to include Golf. I just played again last night for the 4th time and it works great. The only glitch I have found is that if you hit your next tee shot before it senses you are on the next hole/tee box you will have to manually add the strokes and possibly remove a stroke from the previous hole. It does vibrate when it senses the new hole/tee box so just wait for that to happen before teeing off or if it does not you can manually advance it to the next hole. Hope that helps.
    ajansari likes this.
    07-15-2015 08:28 PM
    Thank you bigskytool! I'm on Preview Build 10166 and that doesn't have the old Store anymore, so I'll just have to wait until the new Store is updated.
    07-16-2015 12:04 PM
59 123