The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Before last update my GPS would typically get a lock in less than 10 seconds on daily walk, now takes 15 minutes or so, anyone else noticed a change? I have tried powering off, etc.
    06-29-2015 02:49 PM
    Haven't noticed any difference with mine, still around 10 seconds or less. Might try a reset? After that, you could give it a good "GPS soak", where you leave it sitting stationary outside with a clear sky view with the GPS on for 15 to 20 minutes after it achieves lock. Just use a 'run' activity and then delete it afterwards. I know this is often recommended with Garmin GPS devices, no idea whether it'll help the Band or not, but wouldn't hurt to try.
    gadgetrants likes this.
    06-29-2015 06:21 PM
    Hmmm, last week mine refused to lock, maybe twice. I did what Nate suggested -- total and complete reset -- and now it locks again in seconds, INSIDE the house! LOL

The only thing I forgot: DON'T RESET AT THE END OF THE DAY!!!!! I mis-remembered and thought, "Oh, everything will resync to the Band." Half true. Sure, all my settings resynced. My precious, hard-earned data of the same day? GONE.

-Matt
    06-29-2015 09:58 PM
    The reset didn't work for me. Been outside for 5 - 10 minutes, and still no lock.

**After a soft reset and a 2nd full reset, and waiting for almost 15 minutes (inside and out), it finally got a lock. Of course, I was on Chat with MS Support and right when they offered a replacement.
    Last edited by Carl Anderson; 07-01-2015 at 12:24 PM.
    07-01-2015 11:38 AM
    The reset didn't work for me. Been outside for 5 - 10 minutes, and still no lock.

**After a soft reset and a 2nd full reset, and waiting for almost 15 minutes (inside and out), it finally got a lock. Of course, I was on Chat with MS Support and right when they offered a replacement.
    Ill try the reset...It did not lock at all on 45 minute walk yesterday and a 30 minute today. :(
    07-01-2015 01:54 PM

Thanks for following up, I was biting my nails for a minute there. I also should have noted that while it worked for me, I do remember the first post-reset lock taking quite a while too (subsequent ones have been wicked fast).

​-Matt
    07-01-2015 02:02 PM
    There is yet another firmware update after you download the latest app.

Just to close this loop, I was able to lock the GPS this morning in seconds when I started my run (only after re-re flashing my Band hoping to get messages working (but I am using Windows Phone 10 right now)). After my run, I updated the app to the latest version and there was a new Firmware waiting for the band. After flashing, I tried to lock GPS and it took 7 seconds.

FYI
    07-02-2015 10:03 AM
    No GPS lock issues since the last update. I'm on iOS not that it should matter.
    07-02-2015 11:07 AM
    Ill reset tomorrow morning then. If I power off and on, it will usually lok with seconds, but otherwise usually doesn't lock :(
    07-02-2015 03:04 PM
    Ill reset tomorrow morning then. If I power off and on, it will usually lok with seconds, but otherwise usually doesn't lock :(
    Did you update the firmware that came out today?
    07-02-2015 11:17 PM
    When you select the run tile, and the GPS search starts, do you hit the action button right away and start your walk, or do you leave it actively searching without pushing the action button? I've noticed mine will lock in about 30 seconds if I select the run activity and then just let it search, but if I immediately push the action button, it can take 15 minutes or more to lock.
    jlangner likes this.
    07-04-2015 06:50 AM
    Noticed this problem too :( annoying!
    07-05-2015 03:32 PM
    I haven't had any problems recently. Mine locks in under 10 seconds. I have gotten into the habit of standing still when I first start. I noticed long ago that it seemed to get a lock faster if I stood still while it was trying to acquire a lock.
    07-06-2015 06:11 PM
    I ran twice since the new update, a 10k last Friday (7/3) and this morning (7/7), and both times it took maybe 45 seconds or so for it to lock on. I was worried that I was going to have an issue, after reading things here, but it seems like my Band is doing ok.
    07-07-2015 09:59 AM
    When you select the run tile, and the GPS search starts, do you hit the action button right away and start your walk, or do you leave it actively searching without pushing the action button? I've noticed mine will lock in about 30 seconds if I select the run activity and then just let it search, but if I immediately push the action button, it can take 15 minutes or more to lock.
    I have always just pushed the Action Button. Will try just search the next time.
    07-21-2015 02:43 PM
    I have always just pushed the Action Button. Will try just search the next time.
    I suspect that will help you a lot. I once went for a bike ride and hit action without waiting for a lock. Rode for an hour, and it never achieved lock, so no gps data for the whole ride. If I wait to start until it locks (usually 5 to 10 seconds), no problem, and it never has lost the lock on me.
    07-21-2015 06:16 PM
    Mine locked the fastest it ever has last night in about 10 seconds. Normally takes 30 seconds or so and that is when I do my warm up stretches and exercises prior to a run.
    07-22-2015 01:56 PM
    Mine won't lock either, I hear it helps not to move before the sync but that doesnt help me
    05-19-2016 05:43 PM