Sharing your run details to facebook with widnows phone

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
is there anyway to share the detailed data of your run to facebook on windows phone?

The Health app sucks with that string shared, but it is MS so we expect them to do poor jobs; is there any other app that can do a decent sharing connecting to the Band?

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Just link it to strava or one of the other apps most of them have facebook sharing i think.
https://partners.dns-cargo.com/default?lang=en-GB&wa=wsignin1.0

I do not think there is strava for windows phone and the other partners does not have one working app either am I wrong?

My use case is pretty simple and common:
-you go run with your band
-when you finish you pickup your phone and want to share map, stats (with cardio and all) to facebook

How do you perform such a basic task in windows phone? (I'm an electornic engineer and a programmer so if I could not do this easily there really is an usability bug at least, if it is EVEN POSSIBLE).

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Well you can get it to sync to strava and could manually share from there. What I do is I use tapiriik.com to then sync from strava to endomundo which does have an app. This works relatively well but taparik only syncs every hour or so sometimes takes a while although you can manually queue a sync.

Yes its stupid and a horrible work around but its the best Ive been able to come up with so that I finish run have a shower and usually by the time Im ready my run is in endomundo with 0 manual work.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Well you can get it to sync to strava and could manually share from there. What I do is I use tapiriik.com to then sync from strava to endomundo which does have an app. This works relatively well but taparik only syncs every hour or so sometimes takes a while although you can manually queue a sync.

Yes its stupid and a horrible work around but its the best Ive been able to come up with so that I finish run have a shower and usually by the time Im ready my run is in endomundo with 0 manual work.

Ahahah this is crazy but I could even give this a try. Is all the data recorded in Endomundo, hearthrate?

Shame on microsoft for being so incompetent. How do thhey think to get market share if they cannot expose something so good as the MS band. You would have tons of people switching to WP or at least buying the Band if they saw MSHealth app post on facebook...

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Just saw that tapiriik.com is not even free if you want autosync. I understand the costs but I really won't pay just for sharing something to FB because I'm on an OS not supported even by Microsoft itself...ridiculous!

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah its shocking its so hard to do, tapariik is open source so I cloned it but soon found out he has "special" access to strava at least which dont give out api keys for anyone else so I just paid ?1.70 or whatever it was for a year to keep my 3 services in sync. And to support the dev a little bit as he is running servers and made it open source etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers