Just got a Microsoft Band!

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I got mine refurbished online for $130 including free shipping. So far it's been great with nearly 2-days of battery life, excellent use of the Microsoft Health App, easy link with Run Keeper and a smooth, easy on the eyes UI + great notifications.

I, for one, am VERY impressed with all of the tech Microsoft was able to pack into this little guy. It's not perfect and doesn't look great with a suit but for everyday wear + workouts it's very impressive and comfortable.

I'd give it a rock solid 9/10 so far because it's definitely exceeded my expectations. The only reason it's not a 10/10 is due to the fit/finish not looking as good as some competitors and I wish I could use a proper watch band (or at least a watch-looking type of band). I've never really considered anything Microsoft outside of using Windows and the occasional Xbox game but this has made me reconsider, especially with new phones coming out soon from them based on Windows 10.

If they keep pushing out great products like this then they'll have a fan for life!

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Ha, another one on the 'band'wagon! (see what I did there?) Seriously, congrats on hooking up at a great price. Yeah, not a 10 on the scale, but a pretty solid piece of kit for fitness and everyday wear. Enjoy!

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The price was too good to pass up. At nearly half the cost of a comparable device (the high-end Fit Bit) or 1/3 the cost of an Apple Watch with better features than anything I've seen from Android (minus the LG Urbane with webOS which isn't available here) I figured I might as well jump on board and give it a shot. I'm really glad I did!

Paul Cordova

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Had my band since March. Just golfed a course with it and its FREAKIN' awesome on a registered course. Seriously though. Great little bit of tech. Getting for 175 to 135 even refurbished is a sweet deal.

chickentikka

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
How do you get a refurbished one? I cracked the glass on mine and MS want nearly half to repair it! When it's only too weeks old. Bloody love it though. Best bit of kit on the market though. Only issue I have is build 66 doesn't work with taking notes now.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I, for one, am VERY impressed with all of the tech Microsoft was able to pack into this little guy.
Agreed! The features included in the band are amazing, and the more I discover, the more impressed I am. It's definitely the coolest tech toy I've purchased in quite a while.

smunro622

May 30, 2015
Visit site
i sync my band with my 640 xl, no longer wear a watch. I am really happy with it also. Lots of cool tech, will probably get band 2 when it comes out.

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
How do you get a refurbished one? I cracked the glass on mine and MS want nearly half to repair it! When it's only too weeks old. Bloody love it though. Best bit of kit on the market though. Only issue I have is build 66 doesn't work with taking notes now.

I found a guy selling one on Ebay he had received from Microsoft. While waiting for his replacement he picked up an Apple watch and decided he liked it better so he sold me the refurbished Band at cost. :)

Just keep on looking and you'll find one! Took me a few weeks but the savings are well worth it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro