Why isn't my Microsoft Band receiving notifications?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Microsoft Band not receiving notifications

Lately my Microsoft Band has been missing quite a number of notifications, from critical hubs such as Messaging or Email. The bluetooth always does show connected, and my phone is typically just mere feet away in my pocket or atop my desk, but it is beginning to be a gamble as to what comes through.

I've had the Band since January of 2015, and it had worked great until just a few months ago when this issue began to surface. My phone is a Lumia 1520 running WP8.1, so remains in the Microsoft sphere.

What could cause it to miss these notifications? I've powered off and on both the band and the phone on several occasions over the course of the last few months to troubleshoot, forgotten and re-paired the bluetooth, and have even factory reset the band as the latest attempt just last week. The issue continues to persist.

I hope I'm not the only one and that the resolution is something so simple that I'm overlooking.

Thank you for your help!

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Microsoft Band not receiving notifications

I have been having similar issues with mine also for the last few weeks. I'll sometimes get a burst of synced notifications, most of the time I'm having to toggle Bluetooth to keep it synced. Not sure what's the deal

canujitsu

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site

OP here.

I've had the same burst of notifications. Happens sometimes when I receive or place a call, I've noticed (though may not be exclusively the trigger).
I love my band, but really wish it would work as it should. One of the major selling points for me was the ability to quickly screen incoming texts/emails/calls without needing to remove my phone from the pocket.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I was gunna say MSFT is probably limiting time & resources and allocating more towards Band 2 when just this morning I stumbled across two articles saying they are going to stop production on Band 1 to start gearing up for the next gen version.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
it's just weird, I never get email notifications on my bad but I get it from some games, whatsapp, im+ pretty consistently. For sure not all things on my notifications on my phone are showing up on the band.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Band 1 imho has been a flop. Poor long term durability and apps like OneDrive avail on Apple Watch and Android Wear, but not Band???? If Band 2 isn't huge improvement...goin to the darkside

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Not everything works with the band and Win10 10166.

I had to unregister the band and wipe it...then uninstall Microsoft Health app and reinstall it. Now I get txt notifications at least with call notifications.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

The Band is primarily a "fitness wearable" and secondarily has some "smart watch functions". The Band meets every fitness necessity I need in fitness monitoring, with built in GPS, 24hr monitoring H/R, Step Counter, built-in workouts, etc. So for that reason, for me, the Band is a great success. The fact I can use Cortana, check and respond to messages, and check my calendar are all icing on the cake.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site

The Band is primarily a "fitness wearable" and secondarily has some "smart watch functions". The Band meets every fitness necessity I need in fitness monitoring, with built in GPS, 24hr monitoring H/R, Step Counter, built-in workouts, etc. So for that reason, for me, the Band is a great success. The fact I can use Cortana, check and respond to messages, and check my calendar are all icing on the cake.

I agree with you here. I just hope in 6 months it works as well as it did on day one. Seems like am extreme swing on issues and reliability.

Right now I'm sold on Band 2 as long as its not a step backwards. I love all the stat tracking on the Microsoft Health app.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
My band had a period when I downgraded from Windows 10 mobile back to 8.1 where I wasn't reliably getting notifications. I'm not sure which step fixed it, but I unregistered it in the Health app, unpaired it from my phone, then re-paired/re-registered. It has been 3 weeks or so and I have had no problems since.

Bryan Trach

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

Oh I thought you had an actual use case for having one drive on the band.

mikepalma is correct though. MS has brought Powerpoint, OneNote, and OneDrive functionality to the Apple Watch but nothing close to the MS Band. Even if functionality is basic, they're giving more love to the non internal product. If Band 2 doesn't get more love, then I'm switching to where the love is at. Either a Fitbit Charge HR V2 or Apple Watch 2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa