Microsoft Health App on Android M Dev Preview 3 Network Error, how can I fix it?

rarelyamson

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft Health App on Android M Dev Preview 3 Network Error

Hi all,
I've just updated to Android M Dev Preview 3.
This required a full wipe and install of all my apps again, Microsoft Health being one of them.
I'm able to log into other Microsoft accounts no problem, but on sign in I'm getting:

Network Error An Error occured while signing in.

Obviously this is probably an issue with Android M, however I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same issue or actually had it working on Android M? Please note that it worked fine on Lollipop.

Cheers P

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Microsoft Health App on Android M Dev Preview 3 Network Error

Wow, you're almost like a visitor from Android future! Very cool.

A few things occur to me...perhaps MS Health will need to be updated for M (which should be a LONG time from now)...or maybe it's a quirk/bug in the preview version. In any case, how much trouble-shooting have you gone through, e.g., a factory reset on the Band, cleared all your data/cache for the app, etc.? Might be worth a try.

-Matt

rarelyamson

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Microsoft Health App on Android M Dev Preview 3 Network Error

Hi Matt, yeah defo a bug somewhere.
Thanks yes I've done all the trouble shooting I can think of...
Looks like for the time being I'm just gonna have to plug it into my pc to sync! :-(
Thanks anyway!

jpalo

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I can confirm the network error upon login. I just installed Dev Preview 3 (wiping the device), and get this error. I believe login in Microsoft Health app on Android is not in any way dependent on Band.

jpalo

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I also went back to L, but the battery usage in that is so ridiculous I went back to M again after few days. Then I started playing around with MS Health, and connected Android via Fiddler (docs.telerik.com/fiddler/configure-fiddler/tasks/ConfigureForAndroid). MS Health worked fine when running the WiFi traffic via Fiddler on my PC, so was able to do the initial setup of Band, so now the notifications work fine on Android M.

It won't be able to sync data from Band to MS Health (without running traffic via Fiddler), but I anyway nowadays connect Band to PC while working in order to recharge it, so it'll sync it at the same time. I believe Fiddler isn't the key, it's probably related to some certificate issue which doesn't occur when running traffic via proxy (=Fiddler in this case).

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720