Has Anyone Figured Out How to Report Band Active Calories to iOS Health App?

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
The MS Health app on iOS has all the data. The problem is that there is no integration with all the different HW items such as body analysis scale, blood pressure monitor within MS Health app. In iOS Health app, it integrates all the different HW/SW data into a single common dashboard. Did not see this capability in MS Health Vault app either.

The problem is that there is no active and total calories, as well as steps, being reported through 3rd party apps. In other words, MS Health app can report workout calories and steps into myfitnesspal, and mapmyfitness but they don't passthrough to iOS Health app.

The lack of integration or availability of data will drive me to select a different product when I replace the Band (e.g., Fitbit, Apple Watch w/smart band as reported and so on), unless there is an easy automated way to get a single picture.

For now, I'm having to enter the active calories manually so that I can correlate with body analysis scale readouts (e.g., lean mass, body fat%, weight), to different workouts and duration. Obviously these are very small differences but some activities are more effective than others and the whole purpose is to find out what works and works better.

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I guess I don't quite see it that way. Apple Health app is only available on iOS platform and is integrated with just about every fitness app out there. MSHealth is very limited on integration and its not as though Apple Health has a Win10 version for Lumina phones.

There was a mention of better integration early-on stories but just like the roadmap MS indicated with firmware update on Band capability, it has not come to fruition. Perhaps one day, but not today.

erichyde43

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Its not a competition of apps...its a competition of Data. The input source is the Band. Why would MSFT want to give that data to Apple? Its something we aren't really involved in, but the real goal of MSFT Health and Apple Health is to give Big Data to Health Companies. They're both competing for those contracts and systems to be built on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss