Can't turn off the Band

greynightshirt

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
So, I unregistered, unpaired and resetted my Band so I can send it in for warranty exchange - but it won't turn off! Long pressing the power button doesn't do anything! Any body else have this problem?

I've tried resetting it twice and as long as it is unregistered, I can't turn the thing off...

papa tiger

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
When you do the Factory reset you need to get online with Microsoft and resend the serial number, then it will pair up again but that is not your wish or shut down. Just Bing "sending" the Bands serial number to Microsoft. At this moment Microsoft won't accept that you are the owner until you resend the SN# so the Band is locked up with the app. Also having the Band sync app on your puter is oh so handy along with it Bluetooth paired with the puter.

Big Papa Smurf

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
When you do the Factory reset you need to get online with Microsoft and resend the serial number, then it will pair up again but that is not your wish or shut down. Just Bing "sending" the Bands serial number to Microsoft. At this moment Microsoft won't accept that you are the owner until you resend the SN# so the Band is locked up with the app. Also having the Band sync app on your puter is oh so handy along with it Bluetooth paired with the puter.
He doesn't want to repair the device. He is sending it in for repair. Wants it to turn off.

papa tiger

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
It won't shut off until you give Microsoft the serial number again because you reset it. Once you give Microsoft the serial number the Band will go thru its stuff with the sinc and you can shut it off. The fact that it is registered to you is proof you own it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss