Taylor Made announcement coming in a few weeks

golfingasu

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
News from the golf world says Taylor Made and Microsoft are going to do a announcement in a few weeks at one of the playoff events. Rumors say a club with tech linked to the Microsoft Band. Personally I hope it's the band 2.

golfingasu

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Anything is possible, but I think that is a stretch. I would bet Taylor Made is launching the new driver. Somehow they are going to tie it in with the band. Either a chip in the driver or just announce the myroundpro stuff is live and market it with the driver.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Definitely a stretch that they'd announce an acquisition--I just threw that out there as wild speculation.

Band 2 could be ready now, but MS has their very own media event planned for Oct. when they are announcing windows 10 mobile, smartphone flagships, new surface, and they want to make this a headline-dominating event for days or weeks. I'd kind of expect them to push hard to get new things ready that might otherwise be ready in Nov/Dec, and hold off anything that could otherwise be announced in Sep, just to add more heft to this major event. Band 2 is more likely to happen at that event in Oct than a Sep Taylor Made announcement.

That said, I will buy a Band 2 whenever they announce it. I got a new replacement for my v1 and sold it for cash. I was thinking that with the discounted Bands showing up for $150 that it appeared as though MS was clearing out the inventory for the next version.

gbafam

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, there is obviously more to come, but what and when is unclear. There was a spate of articles about the app such as this one:

TaylorMade unveils myRoundPro analytics platform

But they all seem to be rewrite of press releases. Exactly how the app is to work isn't clear and certainly, while the round as recorded on the band is transferred to the phone app, there is no data there. It appears to me that the only way to actually create analytically useful data would be to manually enter each shot so you know which club was hit how far and where. That would seem to be a system that is not much of a threat to the more sophisticated efforts "out there" such as arccos golf and the like.

I stress here that there is much to like about the golf tile and the app. But how it is supposed to work, and supply useful analytical data remains a mystery. Perhaps someone from Taylormade would like to weigh in here with some of that information?

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I can't comment on what you can / can't see on the phone and the MyRoundPro website, but what I see is the following:

On the Microsoft Health app on the phone, I can see "Scorecard" and "Summary" tabs. On the "Scorecard" tab, if I touch one of the holes, it will give me details of that hole.....including a top down view of the hole showing all my shots and the distances to (I'm guessing the center of the green, since it can't know where the pin is) from each shot.

On the MyRoundPro website, I get to see much the same thing. However, if I click on the "Stats" link on the left of the page, I get to see some analytics of my rounds based off some "new" way of viewing where one is losing / gaining strokes.

The one HUGE flaw for me though (and I don't know how they can / will resolve this), is that it counts my chips as putts. As a consequence, my putting stats are WAY off (I gain 3.23 strokes per round on my driving, but lose 13.46 strokes on my putting!!!). Now, this may be because my chipping stroke / style is very similar to a putting stroke, and maybe it can't differentiate between the two FOR ME......not sure about others who maybe have a fuller swing when chipping. Or it may just be that it does not have not accurate enough data to distinguish the exact area of the green, and sees my chips from off the green as being on the green.

It is interesting to see where I miss the majority of shots (left or right) from long approaches, and short approaches.

I'd be interested to read other user's observations.......

I do think it will continue to improve, and might prove a valuable tool for my golf game in the near future. Right now, on the course, I continue to use my Band as well as MobiTee / GolfLogix.

gbafam

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
various sources are reporting that Microsoft's announcement regarding band 2, surface pro 4 etc will be October 6 and I rather expect, but have no knowledge of, that we will also here something about the golf tile, too.

golfingasu

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
This is what it looks like on the ios app if the band collects the data correctly. When I log on to myroundpro site more detail is there.
I have had problems getting the band to correctly collect data.
IMG_0970.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb