Who Is Planning To Get Band 2?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
This is likely what I will drop the hammer on next. I can't quite afford/justify the Lumia 950 or XL, and have to pay off my last trip to the States before I can dive into a replacement for my aging i3 Laptop (likely Surface Pro 4). But I have been sporting the MS Band since day 1 and love it. Looking for a better form factor, hopefully more durable screen (though mine has always been protected and is near pristine), and maybe some updates to Health, etc.:cool:

We have all of those things in common :D except for the trip to the states (cancelled mine, last minute) and having a ms band lol

Captnkirk54

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I've order the new band today I've had a Fitbit Surge while I like it well enough it has never integrated with my windows phone as promised. I didn't buy the 1 because of the form factory. This looks much better and hopefully the durability is improved. The surge and flex which my wife has have not held up any better than what I've seen on the 1. Any way waiting on the shipping date.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I definitely plan to check it out first thing tonight at the Moynihan Station Windows 10 Devices party to see if it has any advantages over my Band 1 which is starting to get pretty long in the tooth. The inside black covering has been flaking off on one side and there is flex space opening between the band and the two sides where the battery is/are. So its just a matter of time before I will probably have to consider a replacement of some sort. If Band 2 has some worthwhile additions or battery life I will probably order, if not, I'll wait a while and see what the reviews are like.

Wheels_____

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I will be buying the Band 2.
They fixed the reason I returned my Band 1. The fit on my wrist was not good.
I like the more flexible strap on the Band 2 also.

anon(9312357)

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm holding out still to hear about battery life. That really needs improvement for me to buy a new one even though I like the way the new one looks.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
From what I gathered last night, mjb200561, battery life per se isn't much improved. They told me 48 hours which is pretty much what I've been getting on my Band 1. Battery life has been improved but there is now only one battery whereas I believe Band 1 has two, one on each side of the strap. But there was one new feature which really impressed me which I think can go in some way to increasing battery life. Much as I like my Band 1, I was always torn between the trade off of leaving it in watch mode to check the time and the battery drain that led to. Band 2 has an accelerometer which can, among other things, sense you turning your wrist to check and turn on the screen to display the time. It worked really well. Just a flick of my wrist (and now with the new curved design, wearing it face up) lit the face up and showed the time briefly. It was very cool and convenient. At any rate, now you don't have to leave the Band in watch mode, and drain the battery to have it also operate as a watch.

The face is also much clearer and touch sensitive. At first I thought the screen was larger than my Band 1, but if so, the difference was not enough for me to verify putting them side by side.

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
It looks like Microsoft is positioning the Band 2 against fitness devices like the Fitbit Surge and the Garmin Forerunner 220/225. At $199, the Band 2 would have been a no-brainer purchase. Despite Microsoft now being a serious competitor, Fitbit must have breathed a sigh of relief yesterday when the $249 price was revealed.

Eagerly awaiting the real life use reviews. At first glance the Band 2 has better features. If the battery life is decent (better than the original Band), Fitbit and Garmin are going to have to scramble.

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
From what I gathered last night, mjb200561, battery life per se isn't much improved. They told me 48 hours which is pretty much what I've been getting on my Band 1. Battery life has been improved but there is now only one battery whereas I believe Band 1 has two, one on each side of the strap. But there was one new feature which really impressed me which I think can go in some way to increasing battery life. Much as I like my Band 1, I was always torn between the trade off of leaving it in watch mode to check the time and the battery drain that led to. Band 2 has an accelerometer which can, among other things, sense you turning your wrist to check and turn on the screen to display the time. It worked really well. Just a flick of my wrist (and now with the new curved design, wearing it face up) lit the face up and showed the time briefly. It was very cool and convenient. At any rate, now you don't have to leave the Band in watch mode, and drain the battery to have it also operate as a watch.

The face is also much clearer and touch sensitive. At first I thought the screen was larger than my Band 1, but if so, the difference was not enough for me to verify putting them side by side.

If the original Band was a prototype, then the Band 2 battery life as a next gen product should be better, especially if it more efficient as you noted, right? Battery life with gps on was high on the list of user feedback as I recall. Curved faceplate and wrist band comfort of the original Band were concerns too and Microsoft addressed both of those in the Band 2.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I am really impressed with the design of the band 2. The first one appeared clunky, hence why I didn't get it. This new design definitely will have me get one.

Now if I will like the functionality of it...

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I am going to get it because I need it to test my apps. I do not know if I would upgrade if I didn't need it for development, band v1 is more than enough for my runner needs. I guess I would anyway since it looks too cool :)

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Unless there's a special, I think I'll keep my B1 until it dies. I'm seeing nice to haves, but nothing that really grabs me at the $249 price point.

If it didn't have any device or smart watch, that would be a different story.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05