01-31-2016 10:00 AM
32 12
tools
    I was curious to hear what they say about the gps piece and batter life. I'm guessing since they didn't mention it, nothing has improved which is a shame! I can't use it for long hikes or long bike rides without loosing the battery which really sucks!
    I find it helps somewhat if you turn the screen off during activity, and just hit the button when you need to glance at it. Still don't think it would last for a full day's hike, but I know it will at least make it through a three hour ride though, with enough left to make it through the rest of the day in watch mode.....barely.
    ven07 and Mark de Vries like this.
    10-07-2015 03:29 PM
    Let's wait a little and see how this new one performs in actual daily life :D
    10-08-2015 07:39 PM
    I would hope for a few things that are better; sleep detection, HR monitoring and step counts. I have been monitoring the step rate count with a Fitbit Charge HR and the Microsoft Band 1 seems not to count as many steps. I know that the Fitbit Charge seems to over count but the Band seem when you have been sitting down to not count steps for a while.

Don't get me wrong I love the current Band but they can improve it greater.

Regards

Infinidim
    10-11-2015 05:18 AM
    I would hope for a few things that are better; sleep detection, HR monitoring and step counts. I have been monitoring the step rate count with a Fitbit Charge HR and the Microsoft Band 1 seems not to count as many steps. I know that the Fitbit Charge seems to over count but the Band seem when you have been sitting down to not count steps for a while.

Don't get me wrong I love the current Band but they can improve it greater.

Regards

Infinidim
    Band 2.0 has already been announced :) Hands-on with the Microsoft Band 2 | Windows Central

And with that I think we can end this thread? lol
    10-11-2015 06:20 PM
    All I need to know is can I swype text on the Band as that would be nice and can the Band finally show emojis's instead of blank boxes?
    10-12-2015 02:27 AM
    Hey i am looking for its battery life's durability
    11-04-2015 04:44 AM
    Hi all,

I haver the Band2 now for about four weeks and must say I am very pleased with it. Sure it has some shortcommings but mostly I like it for what it does. Speaking of the shortcommings, something I noticed while using the Band2 with running is that it died on me twice during long runs (> 2.5 hours). I will check next runs if it is fully charged but maybe gps and/or bluetooth or using both at the same time might be the reason ? Furthermore, what is very funny: after returning home and enjoying a well deserved (IMHO ;-)) rest, my Band2 allerts me to take some steps after half an hour.....LOL. Would be nice if that could be linked to overall performance ?
    Furthermore, my UV sensor will not work. It kees saying "no UV detected"......any tips ?
    Cheers,
    Mark
    01-31-2016 10:00 AM
32 12