What are you expecting in MS Band 2.0?

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Overall VERY happy with v.1. I think Nate covered the shortcomings well. The number one problem was lack of durability with sweat causing corrosion, and battery covers falling off many Bands. They absolutely have to fix that. The leaked photos looked as though the contact points are completely different. Leaked photos also indicate it has curved display and is a little bit more svelte. That is a welcome improvement. Better battery performance under GPS would be nice. Additional sensors such as blood pressure would be welcome. They need a lot more partnerships, such as the Withings Smart Body Analyzer (which is compatible with the Health Vault). They need to continue to improve the firmware and Health App--there is much potential there.

CygnusOrion

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully comfortable, I literally had to return mine as it dug into my wrist bones. Also it would be nice if it could control music on any phone.

Rob Reilley

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the battery life with GPS is the same. Not good and not worth the upgrade for me. If it can't even last a marathon than once the competition steps up I may be looking to go to a different brand unless a Band 3 with better battery life comes out within the next 6 months. I'm really surprised they did not address that. At lease give us a few more hours.

anon(9312357)

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I was curious to hear what they say about the gps piece and batter life. I'm guessing since they didn't mention it, nothing has improved which is a shame! I can't use it for long hikes or long bike rides without loosing the battery which really sucks!

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I was curious to hear what they say about the gps piece and batter life. I'm guessing since they didn't mention it, nothing has improved which is a shame! I can't use it for long hikes or long bike rides without loosing the battery which really sucks!

I find it helps somewhat if you turn the screen off during activity, and just hit the button when you need to glance at it. Still don't think it would last for a full day's hike, but I know it will at least make it through a three hour ride though, with enough left to make it through the rest of the day in watch mode.....barely.

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I would hope for a few things that are better; sleep detection, HR monitoring and step counts. I have been monitoring the step rate count with a Fitbit Charge HR and the Microsoft Band 1 seems not to count as many steps. I know that the Fitbit Charge seems to over count but the Band seem when you have been sitting down to not count steps for a while.

Don't get me wrong I love the current Band but they can improve it greater.

Regards

Infinidim

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I would hope for a few things that are better; sleep detection, HR monitoring and step counts. I have been monitoring the step rate count with a Fitbit Charge HR and the Microsoft Band 1 seems not to count as many steps. I know that the Fitbit Charge seems to over count but the Band seem when you have been sitting down to not count steps for a while.

Don't get me wrong I love the current Band but they can improve it greater.

Regards

Infinidim

Band 2.0 has already been announced :) Hands-on with the Microsoft Band 2 | Windows Central

And with that I think we can end this thread? lol

Mark de Vries

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I haver the Band2 now for about four weeks and must say I am very pleased with it. Sure it has some shortcommings but mostly I like it for what it does. Speaking of the shortcommings, something I noticed while using the Band2 with running is that it died on me twice during long runs (> 2.5 hours). I will check next runs if it is fully charged but maybe gps and/or bluetooth or using both at the same time might be the reason ? Furthermore, what is very funny: after returning home and enjoying a well deserved (IMHO ;-)) rest, my Band2 allerts me to take some steps after half an hour.....LOL. Would be nice if that could be linked to overall performance ?
Furthermore, my UV sensor will not work. It kees saying "no UV detected"......any tips ?
Cheers,
Mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6