What are you expecting in MS Band 2.0?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The rumors have been swirling and even WC's own D.Rubino has said that it is coming. Now if you go through the forums, you'll find different users telling the world what they don't like, but what is on your wishlist for the band?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Same as now, but more accurate for sleeping

It is quite possible that this could be updated, because the first band was simply meant to be a demonstration of the services MS had in store. So it it plausible that they didn't throw everything in there

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I hope it does not run win10 othewise it may drain battery fast. What I want is a simple and durable band.

Who gave you that idea? Because it drains your battery doesn't mean it will drain the battery of the band, and first of all, you're just running(if actually you're an insider, with the preview actually installed on your device or phone) the core OS without any firmware and the necessary drivers and is still in alpha stage, is still in is early stage yet you complain, just because MS made it possible for Insiders to help develop the OS, doesn't give you the leverage to go about talking **** about it, when you find something that ought to be different and is not, or you find a bug, you report it, that's why you have the feed back app, and not whine all over

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Who gave you that idea? Because it drains your battery doesn't mean it will drain the battery of the band, and first of all, you're just running(if actually you're an insider, with the preview actually installed on your device or phone) the core OS without any firmware and the necessary drivers and is still in alpha stage, is still in is early stage yet you complain, just because MS made it possible for Insiders to help develop the OS, doesn't give you the leverage to go about talking **** about it, when you find something that ought to be different and is not, or you find a bug, you report it, that's why you have the feed back app, and not whine all over

Goose fraba :p but you're right, there is no reason to believe that the band will have severe battery drain. In the current version only GPS drains battery fast, but as for the rest it runs just fine. With a lot of watches out there offering better battery life, this is one thing MS has to get right and I think they will

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Swim proof, that's what I really want so I can swim with it and secondly a ridiculously long battery life as I'm looking for a watch replacement. Don't want to wear a watch and a fitness band :p.

RaianStar

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site

Hey man that's a little harsh... I'm all for LoT but I share the battery concerns. If I'm honest I trust the people at Microsoft to get this right though.

Last edited:

RaianStar

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I'd like to see some serious improvements to the look of the device. As it stands it's just not as good to look at as other brands. It would also be nice if it fit well with a shirt (it snags around the cuff). When I show people, it really does become apparent just how much it's aesthetics hinder it's adoption.

Then there are things like language support, better syncing with the phones (in terms of actioned notifications etc.) an alarm that works with your sleep cycle / knows when you fall back to sleep and more robust communication protocols between band & phone.

Actually... upon reflection, that's quite a list. I'm okay with the current battery though. I just charge it while l shower & get ready for work in the morning.

Does anyone here actually play golf? They seem to be pushing the golf features pretty hard...

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I actually don't mind the build of V1, though I know many find it 'clunky'. I'm mostly hoping for something more durable. For a wearable fitness device, V1 just doesn't hold up all that well over time. Feature-wise, V1 ticks most of the boxes for me, but I'm wishing that V2 will offer something more in the way of compatibility with the usual suite of cycling sensors, like speed, cadence, and power meters.....hopefully Ant+. I fully realize this is probably pie-in-the-sky. A more robust hr sensor would be welcome, ala MIO. Increased battery life would be great too. Currently, if I cycle for a couple hours or more with GPS, I have to top off the Band if its going to make it through the night. More dedicated tiles for different fitness activities would also be welcome. As far as I'm concerned, V1 goes far enough into the 'smart watch' realm, and I hope they don't try to 'civilize' it too much, and maintain the focus on fitness!

That's about it for the Band, but hopefully MS will also introduce enhancements to the Health App and Health Web Site concurrent with Band 2's launch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb