Pairing Band with a different phone

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
In the past two weeks, I've switched phones and temporarily installed the Windows 10 preview and rolled back to Windows Phone 8.1. With each change I've made, I've unregistered my Band using Microsoft Health, performed a factory reset on the Band, re-paired the Band and phone via bluetooth, and then personalized the background and tiles on the Band again using the Microsoft Health app. Are all these steps necessary any time I want to pair the Band with a different phone?

Switching around phones like this is not a normal occurrence for me, but I've read of some people who switch cell phones on a nearly daily basis. This recent experience has just got me curious if there is an easier way to connect the Band with a different phone for notifications.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I think this is the only way you can do it. Additionally, I seem to remember reading a caution here regarding switching ecosystems. Don't remember what switch caused the problem, but the upshot was switching from a phone with one O/S to a different O/S resulted in some of the Band's features becoming inoperative.

ronr9286t

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I switch between a Nokia 1520 and a Galaxy Note 4. The Band has to be factory reset, then re-paired with the new phone (I've found that the pairing in Bluetooth has to be deleted and then re-paired). Then go to the app on the phone that manages the Band and "unregister" the band. It will then re-find the band and pair with it.

I've gotten it down to a routine and can get it done in about 3 minutes.

Ron

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett