Underwhelmed by *new* microsoft Band Announcement

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Band v2 is more attractive to those who don't already Band v1,
Agreed. And that's how it's marketed.

Still, somewhere in a quiet corner, you'd think they'd tell us B1 owners what's new and improved. As it stands, the community is having to figure it out.

Also, I'm not sure as I'd call it a upgrade, but a change: The charging port is flush (easy to clean) and located inside the clasp where it should be protected from biological factors (sweat, shedding skin cells, etc.)

iSingBass

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
One things they've made worse: the clasp. Fuuuuuuugly! Why would anyone want to wear that "clasp out"?
I might change my mind when I see it in person, but that was my first thought when I saw it. The V1 clasp is a sleek and elegant accent to a pleasantly subtle device, imo.

darth furious

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes I'm aware before it goes off and sometimes I wake up toward the end of the news. So I think by using a gentle alarm, I've got much the same benefit. (Not like my old alarm clocks with a loud annoying sound that caused me to go from sound sleep to turn off the clock on one motion - that felt like 0 to 60 on a cold engine.)

If you want a good gentle alarm, get a clip lamp and clip it to your bed and aim the bulb at your face. Put a daylight bulb CFL or LED (5500K bluish light) and then plug it into a timer then outlet. I set my timer to 6am-7am. The light turns on and shines on my face. I still sleep for a while but it gently wakes me up and fools my eyes into thinking it is later than it really is (noon day brightness daylight). It's called light therapy and there are products like this. It's actually pretty effective. I think more effective than the new feature in band 2

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
If you want a good gentle alarm, get a clip lamp and clip it to your bed and aim the bulb at your face.
That's fine for the winter, but in summer the sun is up long before I am.

For me, a better method is probably a heater. Once it gets warm, I can't sleep. One of life's little pleasures is to wake up on a cold Saturday morning and decide you don't have to be anywhere soon and snuggling under a warm blanket to go back to sleep.

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I pre-ordered and waiting for delivery. I loved the Band 1 and maybe because i was not expecting a whole lot. I wish there was less limitations on apps and how they communicate and function because i just started learning the program language and have a good idea for an app. Anyway, I have a big wrist and the Gen 1 fit very snug. the up side is that i do not get inaccurate heart rate readings, LOL! I see alot of people talking about the heart rate monitor and wondering if they are not wearing it correctly or if they are just finding something to whine about. The new design looks as if it will accompany a little bit bigger wrist. There are reports of the new curved shape making the band fit a bit bigger. So those of you that this will affect keep that in mind. I look forward tot he new elevation sensor will work out great for me and my line of work. Hopefully there is less limitations of how the Gen 2 can function with the phone.

darth furious

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
For me, a better method is probably a heater. Once it gets warm, I can't sleep. One of life's little pleasures is to wake up on a cold Saturday morning and decide you don't have to be anywhere soon and snuggling under a warm blanket to go back to sleep.

I once tried the same thing with an electric blanket on a timer set to full power. As much as I want to stay in bed, it was too hot and I got out of bed angry and annoyed. Effective but I wouldn't recommend it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss