Music via Bluetooth headphones

nycbill

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Greetings,

Super excited for new Band - if someone could please help me out with this question:

Will the Microsoft Band (2015) be able to play music? As in just the band (no phone) via bluetooth headphones (like the powerbeats wireless 2).

Thank you for your time.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Since it wasn't mentioned in the presentation as an added feature, I'm giong to say no. The original Band has no storage for music media or a way to connect to a BT headset, so I would think adding those is the Band 2 would be newsworthy.

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I also think I have read that there is no internal storage again on the Band 2, so no playing music via bluetooth. I would have liked that feature too

Christopher Senn1

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Its a shame. Thats almost a must for runners?

I dont get it. So with all the testing going around with the band, and none of the joggers or programmers never though how much better it would be to run without a phone?

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
There is already an app to control music from the band (Forward a Track, Repeat a Track, etc).

Called "Music Band". It will create a new tile that allows for music control of phone from Band.

Jon_Rubinstein

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
This is a HUGE NO NO for MS. Why in the world would they not want to add a simple 1 GB of storage....the cost would have been minimal. What a FREAKING JOKE MS! Get it together!

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
This is a HUGE NO NO for MS. Why in the world would they not want to add a simple 1 GB of storage....the cost would have been minimal. What a FREAKING JOKE MS! Get it together!

Why isn't there a music player in the Band/Band 2 or other similar fitness bands?

Two words: battery life.

Jon_Rubinstein

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I'l gladly give up 10% or 20% of battery life for a player. Even the FRUITY guys were able to put a player on their tacky watch/band. Opportunity missed.
The other FITNESS BANDS are NOT MADE by a PHONE MANUFACTURER..... That is why. Why in the world would MS release a FITNESS Band that CAN control your music WHILE you are doing "FITNESS" stuff, if in order for it to work you need your DAMN PHONE???? my god...

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I'l gladly give up 10% or 20% of battery life for a player. Even the FRUITY guys were able to put a player on their tacky watch/band. Opportunity missed.
The other FITNESS BANDS are NOT MADE by a PHONE MANUFACTURER..... That is why. Why in the world would MS release a FITNESS Band that CAN control your music WHILE you are doing "FITNESS" stuff, if in order for it to work you need your DAMN PHONE???? my god...

Since we are pulling numbers out of the air, how about if it drained 30%-75% battery life?

It's not just Microsoft. Fitbit Surge and other fitness bands also allow music selection from the band and do not include a player for a reason.

Jon_Rubinstein

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Apple can do it..
No excuse.

Since we are pulling numbers out of the air, how about if it drained 30%-75% battery life?

It's not just Microsoft. Fitbit Surge and other fitness bands also allow music selection from the band and do not include a player for a reason.

toddsay

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm guessing they could make a bluetooth-based player fairly efficient on battery life. But even if there were a substantial cost in battery life, you'd only face that drain when you were actually using the player. For me it would totally be worth it, to need only one device while exercising. But sadly, it doesn't sound like they've planned for this feature.

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing they could make a bluetooth-based player fairly efficient on battery life. But even if there were a substantial cost in battery life, you'd only face that drain when you were actually using the player. For me it would totally be worth it, to need only one device while exercising. But sadly, it doesn't sound like they've planned for this feature.

The original Band barely makes it past four hours with gps on and with Bluetooth and the display turned off.

To me, the Band is a fitness band first. That's why it has all those sensors built into the device. It doesn't have to be connected to a phone while it is collecting the data.

I don't doubt that Microsoft could design and manufacture $550 to $1,100 fitness bands with a music player like the Apple Watch. Could they sell enough of them is the question.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I personally don't like to go out for a walk or bike or whatever without my phone in case of emergency. As a business owner, I'm essentially always on call. There is always a trade off - cost, memory, battery, size. Doing it this way works best for me, but I realize that not everybody is the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa