Actual battery capacity

dan.booth

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
OK so they've sorted the screen by using Gorilla Glass, the other thing that would convince me to replace my original Band with a Band 2 is increased battery capacity. The original had I believe 2x 100mAh batteries, so what does the Band have inside, has anyone spotted?

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
There's only one battery now, dan.booth, it's a the bottom in the clasp. Last night the guy showing it to me said that they've upgraded the performance and the one battery now gets 48 hrs. I don't think that actually increases usage at all, but the flip-your-wrist-to-see-the-time feature might allow you to keep it in watch mode without draining the battery. That at least was what the guy said/implied.

Brian Gobrecht

May 20, 2013
Visit site
i dont get why so many people are having problems. i can charge my band fully before a weekend and i can get the whole weekend out of it so 3 1/2 days ish. so if they say this im probably going to get 4 ish days.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Band1 has Dual 100mAh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer batteries. Band 2 has one battery but I haven't seen anything anywhere on the capacity. Description of the capacities though are the same: 48 hours of normal use, 1.5 hr average charge time .

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Description of the capacities though are the same: 48 hours of normal use, 1.5 hr average charge time .

That's the way I read it as well. The battery might have more capacity, but the electronics might eat more power as well.

I just charge it while doing my normal morning routine. You don't want to be wearing it in the shower anyway, and you're probably not racking up major calories during that time. Just do it every day and as long as you're not doing a major endurance event, that will comfortably last you.

Blake Seaman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I would be curious how the band's battery would fare without GPS. It should be able to use your phone's, so that could be a way to increase performance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99