Cardio Benefit

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
ok, does anyone know what the real value of Cardio Benefit on the Health portal is?

If it shows Strenuous after a run and shows a recovery time of Saturday, should I not run again until then or is it ok to run again tomorrow?

darth_furious

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
it is based on where your heart rate is during the workout. Mine says "highly improving" yesterday when I was at 150s BPM. It means the type of workout I am doing is improving my cardiovascular health. a light jog at 120BPM says "maintaining" which means I'm just maintaining shape and not getting in better shape (doing aerobic workout and not pushing into anaerobic). It makes a lot of sense.

Recovery time is when you will be back at 100%. When I trained for football, my coach said you need 48 hours to fully recover and so we alternated upper body work outs and lower body work outs everyother day. People who lift weights don't bench everyday (every 24 hours), they alternate muscle groups to give their body 48 hours rest to recover.

Based on that, should you rest until Saturday? Maybe. I think a lighter jog wouldn't hurt. A strenuous run everyday may do more damage than good if you don't let your body recover. The way I do it is... I read it as don't run like this again until Saturday. Just do lighter (maintenance level) jogs until Saturday. In the gym I can bench press 300lbs one day and do a light 135lb bench press the next day and it's ok. I feel fine when I do light bench presses every other day. If I put 300lbs on everyday, it's going to do more damage and I'm hurting my body.

Also in your sleep section, if it says good restorative sleep... it means that you got good rest to help you recover from your strenuous run. It makes sense, your sleep restored/recovered you after that run

Last edited:

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok, thanks. I exercised again and then app actually brought it out basically saying it was very important to have a day rest or gentle exercise. I guess it wants to improve at the right rate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire