TaylorMade My Round Pro Golf App working?

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Greetings,

Has anyone tried the TaylorMade MyRoundPro app lately? If yes, is it working better?

In August, I temporarily bought a Band and tried it out on the golf course. As reported elsewhere on this forum, the Band's golf features are impressive.

But at the time, the associated TaylorMade MyRoundPro app wasn't working very well. They promised to fix it.

How's it work these days?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Last edited:

Brian Wyatt

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Captain,

First, I have the band and bought it with the expectation of using it to track and help with my golf game.
At first it was working pretty good, although it would miss about 10 percent of my shots. Mostly puts.
However, there was an update to the iOS app and can now report that it is WORSE. The band only picked up 5 strokes on 18 holes.
I wear the band on my leading arm, Left, as I'm a standard right handed golfer. I had to manually add most of the strokes.
The update now provides great views of the holes on the selected course, and should show detail on each, but only when I remembered to advance a stroke.
This is crazy that is has gotten worse. I think I need to send mine back for warranty..
Hope this answers some of your questions.
Brian

golfingasu

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Myroundpro site has gotten better it now adds strokes gained which is great. They also have it where you can edit your round on myroundpro later after the round.
The band is very crazy acting when it comes to golf. For me it works fine if I start on the first hole and I make sure and get gps locked before I start playing.
If I start on other holes, you must wait for the band to recognize the tee box then push the action button to acknowledge it or it will not work correctly.
If gps does not lock before you start, in my experience it will never track your round correctly even if it later says locked.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
@Brian, Thanks for the reply. When you say ?the update now provides great views of the holes. . . " you are talking about your iPhone, correct? I mean you aren't getting an image of the course layout on you Band are you?

Captain,

First, I have the band and bought it with the expectation of using it to track and help with my golf game.
At first it was working pretty good, although it would miss about 10 percent of my shots. Mostly puts.
However, there was an update to the iOS app and can now report that it is WORSE. The band only picked up 5 strokes on 18 holes.
I wear the band on my leading arm, Left, as I'm a standard right handed golfer. I had to manually add most of the strokes.
The update now provides great views of the holes on the selected course, and should show detail on each, but only when I remembered to advance a stroke.
This is crazy that is has gotten worse. I think I need to send mine back for warranty..
Hope this answers some of your questions.
Brian

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
@Golfingasu,

My first time out with the Band wasn't very good. But I phoned into Microsoft and they talked me through it (but I forget what the fix was, sorry.)

Since then, the Band was amazing. Recorded (almost) all of my swings, even tap in putts, although I always "set up" over even the tap-ins.

My gripe was with MyRoundPro on the web which crashed every time it tried to load a round. So nowhere for me. (Before that crashing started, it only placed about two strokes a hole, the drive and approach. Putts and chips were lost (even though they were recorded properly on my Band and Microsoft Health).

So, for me, the Band was great, even amazing, but the TaylorMade site was the part that needed improvement.

Anyone else?

Myroundpro site has gotten better it now adds strokes gained which is great. They also have it where you can edit your round on myroundpro later after the round.
The band is very crazy acting when it comes to golf. For me it works fine if I start on the first hole and I make sure and get gps locked before I start playing.
If I start on other holes, you must wait for the band to recognize the tee box then push the action button to acknowledge it or it will not work correctly.
If gps does not lock before you start, in my experience it will never track your round correctly even if it later says locked.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre