Trade up your old Microsoft Band and get ?70 OFF on Band 2!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered too! With $99 for Band 1 from Microsoft Store, it is already ?65 brand new. If anyone owns Band 1 - forget getting anything more than ?30-?40 selling that Band 1 second hand.

So this deal sealed it for me. The best value of my Band 1 is if I trade it in!

firstandlast

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
This looks good but the thing that is worrying me about the offer is that it says "Receive UP TO ?70 off"

So is it a straight ?70 off or are they going to base it on the condition of the Band 1 you send back?

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
This looks good but the thing that is worrying me about the offer is that it says "Receive UP TO ?70 off"

This link has more details. It's also a competitive trade-in, with other makes/models coming in at less.

• Band 1 - ?70.00
  • Fitbit with original purchase price of ?99 or above - ?50.00
  • Other wearable fitness or smart watch wearable device with original purchased price of ?89 or above - ?40.00

I hope such a thing comes to the US, but looking at prices and current exchange rates, I think Microsoft has a bigger margin to play with in the UK: ?199.99 is about $306.33. With the trade-in, that brings it down to ?129.99 ($199.11). But if they were do the same thing in the US, it would be $150.99 final cost.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
This link has more details. It's also a competitive trade-in, with other makes/models coming in at less.

I hope such a thing comes to the US, but looking at prices and current exchange rates, I think Microsoft has a bigger margin to play with in the UK: ?199.99 is about $306.33. With the trade-in, that brings it down to ?129.99 ($199.11). But if they were do the same thing in the US, it would be $150.99 final cost.

If you take the 20% UK VAT off the prices are almost identical, so ?160 would be c. $250.

Dan Harris

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm tempted by this - I'm giving myself until the end of the month and if pre-orders haven't sold out I'm going to just pre-order on payday.

I only had the Band since UK launch, but I figure the Band 2 is the one to keep longer term - I'd hope to keep the Band 2 for two years, even if that needs a warranty repair close to the 12 month mark

crabby2004

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if you guys are aware... You only ge tthe ?70 trade in value if the band is in pristine condition.

Section 8 of the terms and conditions states "For your Trade-in to qualify for the promotion it must be a working, complete and undamaged Microsoft Band, Fitbit with original purchase price of ?99 or above, or other fitness or smart watch wearable device with original purchased price of ?89 or above."

I've had mine for a couple of months and the rubber has worn off, so my device wouldn't qualify.

daymouse

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if you guys are aware... You only ge tthe ?70 trade in value if the band is in pristine condition.

Section 8 of the terms and conditions states "For your Trade-in to qualify for the promotion it must be a working, complete and undamaged Microsoft Band, Fitbit with original purchase price of ?99 or above, or other fitness or smart watch wearable device with original purchased price of ?89 or above."

I've had mine for a couple of months and the rubber has worn off, so my device wouldn't qualify.

I read that as any other trade it. Basically need to work and not be damaged for example broken clasp, screen, etc. General wear and tear will be accepted.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I read it as "used" condition as well. However, with the rubber coming off, that might affect things. Some people have mentioned getting that replaced under warranty. It might be wise to do that first.

daymouse

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I read it as "used" condition as well. However, with the rubber coming off, that might affect things. Some people have mentioned getting that replaced under warranty. It might be wise to do that first.

I would be doing exactly the same. If the rubber was coming off mine that soon I would be straight back to the store I bought it from for a refund or replacement.

crabby2004

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I probably should have provided full context sorry... I emailed Microsoft because my rubber has come off and the charging point is corroding and asked for an upgrade on release of the Band 2. I was told they'd replace what I had so that it would qualify for the trade in. It's only three months old so I am thinking about whether or not I can return it.

The problem I have with their deal is that it's pretty well know that the rubber WILL come off with use... So most people who bought last year will have to do the same replace under warranty to trade in which seems like a waste of effort - not to mention with warranty claims your mileage might vary.

R S

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Note that the trade up form provided by Microsoft to submit your claims is broken and therefore you cannot submit any claims.

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Note that the trade up form provided by Microsoft to submit your claims is broken and therefore you cannot submit any claims.
I tried yesterday and again today but the dropdown for qualifying product is broken....just wondering if anyone has spoken to MS about it and whether they're working to fix?

I'm filling in the Contact Us form on the StoreTradeUp site now to flag anyway.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone done this with a USA bought band1?

Got mine back in Nov last year when a mate was over in the States - right when they were like rocking horse poo to get hold of!! Tempted to trade up to a 2 if they accept my USA band, if not, happy to keep my 1.

I think the main reason the UK got this deal is because the Band 1 hasn't been available for loing before they launched the 2 - which must have annoyed a lot of UK buyers who paid full price.

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I've just tried to submit the trade in form and I can't get past the second page.
https://storetradeup.com/gb/en/claims/band2/get-started

It asks you to select your "Purchased Product" but the drop down list is empty aside from "Please Select..."

Anyone else had more success using the form?

The support page doesn't mention the Band 2 being included. :(
https://easytradeup.com/gb/en/pages/tradeup/contact

EDIT 27/11: It seems to be working fine now.
Will be posting my Band 1 back to them at the weekend.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss