Microsoft Band 2 Shipping

Cloudscout#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
It looks like the Band 2 pre-orders have started shipping directly from the manufacturer in China. I received a notification from FedEx this weekend saying that I had a package on the way. The shipper was listed as:

Tina Liao
Flextronics Mfg. (ZhuHai), Ltd.
Doumen, Zhuhai,
CN

I couldn't figure out what the package was until I looked at the "Reference Number" associated with the shipment. That was the same as my Order Number from the Microsoft Store for my Band 2.

FedEx is showing a delivery date of November 2nd.

jaygss

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I actually got an email this morning from MS that my band is shipped (from China via FedEx as well).

Very surprised since I am in Canada and it was not supposed to come until 20th of November!

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I go the email from FedEx this morning too with the same shipper listed. I didn't recognize the shipper, so I did some digging on the web to come to the conclusion that it must be the Microsoft Band 2 being shipped direct from the manufacturer. Thanks for confirming this! Looks like mine will be here on Monday, 11/2.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My wife does Japanese-English interpretation for a lean manufacturing and quality consulting firm, and has been to the Flextronics plant in Doumen. She says they have VERY advanced quality systems in place.

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft must really, really want the Band 2 in the hands of users asap. Fedex'ing a 1 lb. package from China to the U.S. costs more than $50 for regular people. Corporations can negotiate discounts but the shipping cost is still pretty big.

The reviewer embargo must be lifting Soon.

gmtom1

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like they're doing the same thing that Apple does with new iPhone releases when they drop ship them from the manufacturing facility to the Fedex hub in CA. The shipping instructions usually state that they don't get delivered until the release date. I preordered from MS last night and will be cancelling my BB preorder because they pissed me off last night when I tried to pickup my SP Type cover preorder and wasted my time (again). I am actually hoping to get the band 2 in store on Friday and will be returning my pre-order when it arrives.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It's only expensive if you want stuff to arrive within days; otherwise it's not that bad. I have stuff shipped all the time from Asia, including big, heavy parcels and it doesn't cost $50. But Microsoft isn't an individual. They're likely shipping these things out in bulk which means the cost is much lower for them than the average person. Microsoft might want to get these shipped, but they're not going to throw away money doing so.

Regardless, shipping isn't the challenge here, it's getting manufacturing capacity just right.

stressds

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Got my shipping notification from MS and FedEx this morning.

Preorderded on day 1 from Canadian MS store.

Can Canadian users, when you get the band, confirm that the Starbucks tile shows up. I have the band 1 and the tile disappeared and stopped working when ms health was updated to incorporate the Band 2.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
It looks like the Band 2 pre-orders have started shipping directly from the manufacturer in China. I received a notification from FedEx this weekend saying that I had a package on the way. The shipper was listed as:

Tina Liao
Flextronics Mfg. (ZhuHai), Ltd.
Doumen, Zhuhai,
CN

I couldn't figure out what the package was until I looked at the "Reference Number" associated with the shipment. That was the same as my Order Number from the Microsoft Store for my Band 2.

FedEx is showing a delivery date of November 2nd.

Interesting. I got mine from Amazon and got an email saying I've been upgraded to release day delivery. Wonder if mine will be fresh from the factory too.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait to read the "ground level" and LEGIT reviews of the Band 2. How it feels on the arm. How it tracks, durability, device sync etc and some pics of it on your arm would be a bonus. :)

ytrewq

May 22, 2014
Visit site
If pre-orders arrive days after the product becomes available in the store, there's no point in pre-ordering the next MS product that I want.

Hopefully the FedEx tracking info I received is inaccurate.

insight3fl

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Mine shows "import release Memphis TN". It appears the bulk shipments arrived this morning at 2:am. My guess (including Amazon that has their distribution centers tied to Fed Ex locations) is that they will be delivered tomorrow or Friday at the latest. I put a hold on mine at the local Fed Ex delivery depot. Hopefully it will arrive there late today or early tomorrow and if so, I can not imagine them not releasing it to me rather than wait a whole day for when they would put it on the truck and deliver it normally. Keeping my fingers crossed.

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I can't believe this! I ordered mine on 10/06/15 from MS online store, and it STILL says "In process". With other people having shipping notices already from older orders, I'm not happy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky