Band 2... for walkers and photographs?

LIEBER

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
OK -- I'm lazy. My exercise style is restricted to *walking*; it is not likely that I will start running, etc. But I walk a lot -- in vacations up to 15-20 km per day, or more. And I get a kick out of tracking my movement using a GPS tracker + publishing a map of the route to FB. (I tried to use the Lumia 920, bit the battery got drained in 1+ hours. So I use a Garmin FR 910, which has a battery life of 20 hours or so.) What I'd need is:
* Possibility to track my walkabout. Battery should last some 15-20 hours with GPS tracking. Can this be achieved with Band 2? It is probably sufficient to log the position every 10 seconds or so, but this may not be sufficient to extend the battery life to 15-20 hours...
* I'd also like to set GPS tracking to "photo mode". In that case, it is probably sufficient to log the position every 10 minutes. Then, I'd like to be able to combine the file of GPS positions with photos taken with my dSLR, e.g. in Adobe Lightroom. It should be relatively trivial to interpolate in the position and find the approximate location where the pictures were taken.
* The Health Vault/Health app... I'd like to be able to store all information/data I get from my physician during my annual medical tests. I have just briefly played around with the HV, and there were many, many types of information missing. How can I tailormake the health database to my needs?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If you only updated the GPS every 10 minutes in a 'Walk mode' tracking, I think it would be possible.

Submit via Uservoice to Microsoft. I'd vote for that.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Possibility to track my walkabout. Battery should last some 15-20 hours with GPS tracking. Can this be achieved with Band 2? It is probably sufficient to log the position every 10 seconds or so, but this may not be sufficient to extend the battery life to 15-20 hours...
I think you can go several hours with the GPS on, but you can't run the GPS for 15 hours. B1 didn't have a setting to determine how offten to log a position. I haven't seen any indication that B2 has that feature.

I'd also like to set GPS tracking to "photo mode". In that case, it is probably sufficient to log the position every 10 minutes. Then, I'd like to be able to combine the file of GPS positions with photos taken with my dSLR, e.g. in Adobe Lightroom. It should be relatively trivial to interpolate in the position and find the approximate location where the pictures were taken.
At this time, I don't see a way to get a GPS file out of the unit. It's there for display of your running route, but I'm not sure how to access it.

The Health Vault/Health app... I'd like to be able to store all information/data I get from my physician during my annual medical tests. I have just briefly played around with the HV, and there were many, many types of information missing. How can I tailormake the health database to my needs?
I believe HealthVault can do that. It might not have a good spot for everything, but you can probably find a place for it to fit. When I donate blood, I get Blood Pressure, Pulse rate, Hemoglobin and Temperature. I log those under "Blood Pressure" and the other measurements as a "note" to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb