08-30-2016 07:44 PM
122 12345
tools
    ive got another 2 and a half weeks to wait for my band. Stupid canada gets it on Nov 20th.
    11-02-2015 01:57 PM
    Awesome, 300% improvement over the Original Band
    11-02-2015 02:33 PM
    Light years ahead of Band 1 in fit and finish. Just picking it up, you notice the quality feel. The look is quite stylish and is definitely more comfortable that Band 1 (and I never really noticed the Band 1). Touch screen is larger and more responsive. Even after a workout today, a sweaty finger tip worked well to operate the touchscreen. Clasp seems stronger.

Band 2 is superior in every way to Band 1, with the exception of battery life. I'm seem to be burning through a charge at a much faster rate than before. My Band 1 routine was to charge each evening while gaming or watching TV. Battery would be between 60-70 percent typically (watch mode on). Now, with Rotate On watch mode on, I'm seeing 30-40% battery when charging each evening. Haven't tried a GPS bike ride yet.
    11-02-2015 04:55 PM
    Has anyone put a screen protector on? If so, which one? I had gotten a medium at Best Buy, returned it, but they couldn't find the only small they had in stock so I ordered it online. Loved it for the 2 hours I had it, can't wait until I can pick up the new one on Friday.
    11-02-2015 05:23 PM
    Some Gen 1 Band owners had issues getting the 1 min and 2 min ending HR, and that typically went together with not getting a VO2 Max calculation. I rarely got the 1 min and 2 min readings and never got a VO2 max calc. There was a long thread on this with some saying to keep the HR tile open after the workout, and other suggesting a light cool down continuing after ending the work out. None of those ever worked for me.

David, what system are you using? I ask because my band 1 (kept it only two weeks because of this) and my band 2 running windows 8.1 and ICON phone, has a major issue with HR on the bike app. After about five minutes of riding (yes I am sweating) the HR jumps up to 160-170 when it should read about 108-110. As soon as I shut off the app and look at the HR rate on the band, it shows normal. Tried this three times. Obviously this ruinds my stats and is the major reason I own the band. I am going to try the Run app on the ride tomorrow and see if it does it on there as well.

Any ideas?

With my first bike ride commuting to work today, I got the 1 min and 2 min ending HR calc without doing anything special after the ride. So I'm hopeful this is working better with Band 2.
    11-02-2015 05:41 PM
    My phone is a Lumia 1020 on WP8.1.

I'm now 4/4 on getting the 1 and 2 min HR.

Regarding unusual HR, on my first two commutes to work, I got unusual HR spikes that are highly unlikely, as I don't push that hard when commuting and don't have any big climbs.

screenshot-12-.png
    screenshot-13-.png

However my 3rd and 4th rides appear to be about what I'd expect to be accurate, so perhaps it needs to get initialized to function properly.

Here's the one from this morning's commute:
    screenshot-14-.png
    11-02-2015 06:14 PM
    My first impression is very positive. Was worried about the fit after reading about sizing differences vs. Band 1, but luckily my medium fits tightly enough, with still a bit to spare (in case my wrist shrinks ). I never really minded the shape of Band 1, but 2 is really much nicer, and the screen is an improvement too. Will have to see about battery life, but am used to charging mine every morning while showering/etc. anyway. I'm hopeful it won't beat up quite as easily as Band 1 did. Looks like they got the bezel sorted, but now the question is how the clasp's surface will stand up. Anyone seen any protectors on the market yet?
    11-02-2015 06:25 PM
    MS Store was very helpful in swapping Large for a Medium. Set it up this evening and love it. Shape fits better, screen is crisper, build is nicer.

band2-2.jpg
    11-02-2015 07:43 PM
    I got mine first thing on Friday and now have had a few days with it. I had the Band V-1 for about a year of constant use except when charging... Had to replace v-1 3 times.

note 1. The band 2 is better in every way so far except battery life seems a bit less, I deffinately have to charge it every day. The highlights for me are the Bette more comfortable fit, raise to show time, stairs climbed, better screen, more running metrics, and bettr charging location that won't corrode as easily.

Note 2. Stairs climbed really has to be to 10 feet or it will miss it,.

Note 3. These are larger than before so you might need a size smaller.

Note 4. The screen works when wet, I ran in a complete downpour and it worked and swiped perfectly.

Note 5. No new killer features but just all around better, and I bet i won't have to return this one due to it breaking prematurely.

What I really want is for the keyboard feature on iPhone that the windows phone version has.
    11-02-2015 08:08 PM
    Well.....my Band 2 came in today and gotta admit it is nicer than the Band 1. I might be just wearing it at home for a few days to get a better idea as to whether it is the right size (don't want to ding it up out in the wild). I bought the medium direct from Best Buy because I had the medium with the Band 1. The Medium 1 was normally worn on the 2nd or 3rd last click from the end, but rarely the last click. I have the Band 2 on the last click and it is pretty tight, but wonder if it maybe could be one more click for an even tighter fit. Looks like I'll have to hit BB when they have the Band 2 in store and hopefully I can try it on and see. Otherwise, I like the size and the look is much better and is quite comfortable. I'll be interested to see how it feels on the wrist when I sleep.
    11-02-2015 08:40 PM
    Got mine delivered Friday and initial impressions were very good: Packaging was done very well , the look and feel is certainly premium, and the fit is light years ahead of the V1.

Clasp took some time to get used to - not just its looks, but the way it clasps. It doesn't help that since it's metal on metal I try to be extra careful not to scratch it.

The display is bright, responsive, and much easier to use. However, my first reaction was also that its convergence seems off. The red is especially off and I sometimes feel as if I am looking at a 3D image without the glasses. It's not bad, just noticeable. I didn't remember this on the display unit at the MS store - but went back to look at it again today and it was actually worse than mine. So, it is what it is. It's smooth, easy to use and bright - so win.

Only other initial thought - had trouble connecting to my 1020 running W10 mobile TP, but starting over worked and then had to do it once more to get the keyboard to connect.

Since then, a few other notables.

1) The display is bright, but not bright enough to easily see it outside. Especially wearing sunglasses. This is no different than V1.
    2) Seems to take a bit longer to charge but early to tell. Battery life seems same - about a day or two short.
    3) Floor counting seems wonky. I feel now after a day or so, it may be just collecting elevation and dividing by 10 feet. Not sure but I don't remember climbing 45 floors today.
    4) Notifications still do not clear in either direction. Get a notification on the phone? Yeah. Clear it. Still have to clear it on the band and vice versa - same as V1 just as annoying.
    5) UV tracking/alerts are a nice addition.
    6) Glance for clock. This is a must and is great.
    7) Trying out the wake me when I'm ready. Half hour window is pretty big, but so far I'm not groggy.
    8) HRM seems to lock more quickly. I wear mine screen down.
    9) So far, no marks on my wrists from sensors. Just farmer's tan.
    10) The app and sync is still clunky and very very slow. It may be W10M but honestly don't remember it being any better with W8.1

So, in short this is a V1 in a much nicer, better fitting package with a better display, and a few extra additions. And worth every penny. I loved the V1 and love this so much more. The hardware is now ready for prime time and I can't wait for the software to catch up to it. ...which is odd since Microsoft built the thing.
    11-02-2015 11:42 PM
    Can any of you confirm if its possible to change the Language? Would love to order it but would prefer German Language
    11-03-2015 04:04 AM
    Yes you can set German as language directly on the Band 2
    Fetschi, Roland Stoll and gerzhwin like this.
    11-03-2015 06:28 AM
    Thanks for your fast reply :)
    11-03-2015 06:50 AM
    Mine's still pending clearance in China... it was due at my house yesterday, don't think it's going to arrive anytime soon.
    11-03-2015 10:36 AM
    I got mine yesterday. A few impressions:

The Band 2 is unquestionably nicer than the first gen model and the display is great.

The clasp is similar to the first gen, but it seems a bit more troublesome to lock into place. Frequently, I'll put it on, think it's in place and feel into position afterwards. Not a big deal because once it's locked it feels secure.

Syncing takes noticeably longer and doesn't always update on the first attempt. This is using the same device and OS I had with the original Band, WP 8.1 and a Lumia 920. On the flip side it does seem to update on it's own more frequently.

Comfort is the big hangup for me. The Band 2 is arguably more comfortable than the first gen, but the improvement isn't dramatic. In fact, it feels a lot like the wearing the first one. In some positions it's not bad, but I'll move my wrist and the Band shifts into a position where it's uncomfortable. So all day long I'm shifting it so that it's more comfortable. I didn't feel it so much on a long walk during lunch, but the first Band was similar in that regard.

I will admit that it might be me. I haven't worn other fitness bands so I can't speak to how those compare to this.
    11-03-2015 01:27 PM
    Hello.
    Measure my wrist with the pdf from the Microsoft site, and he indicated exactly on the line where it ends/starts the size M/L. Which size you would indicate?!
    Thank you!
    11-03-2015 02:31 PM
    Hello.
    Measure my wrist with the pdf from the Microsoft site, and he indicated exactly on the line where it ends/starts the size M/L. Which size you would indicate?!
    Thank you!
    They suggest that if it lands on the line, to get the next size up. So in your case, the Large.
    11-03-2015 03:50 PM
    Hello.
    Thank you!
    They suggest that if it lands on the line, to get the next size up. So in your case, the Large.
    I would not be so sure about that. Many who had a large Band 1 now have a medium Band 2.. Paul Thurrott wrote: "And while Microsoft sells Band 2 in three sizes like the first version, each size is a bit bigger than before." For the Band 1 it was true that if you were just in between two sizes it was recommended to take the next size up. First I had a small Band 1 but it was too small and I ended up with a medium Band 1. I now have a Medium Band 2 and am considering swapping it for a small and I was exactly in between size small and medium..
    11-04-2015 02:05 AM
    I had the same issue, my wrist is right between the M/L range. I went with the large, it works and I won't be returning it, but I wear it on the very first click, any bigger and it's a little too loose. If I was wearing a normal watch that I usually like a little looser, it wouldn't be an issue but for me to get a good read on the heart rate it'd be too loose.
    11-04-2015 02:55 AM
    I had the same issue, my wrist is right between the M/L range. I went with the large, it works and I won't be returning it, but I wear it on the very first click, any bigger and it's a little too loose. If I was wearing a normal watch that I usually like a little looser, it wouldn't be an issue but for me to get a good read on the heart rate it'd be too loose.
    I have a similar dilemma, could you tell me the circumference of your wrist? I ordered the large and wont be able to return it if it is too small as I have to import it :S
    11-04-2015 06:06 AM
    This is a problem for me, because I'm going to order and deliver outside of the US. I'm from Brazil and if I buy the wrong size is hard to make the switch for the right size. =\
    11-04-2015 12:07 PM
    I bought a medium, as my Band 1 was also a medium and I had some room before it it reached it's (tightest) limit. The Band 2 medium is a bit larger and I have to wear it on the lowest clasp setting which is a bit annoying. I find this really strange as my wrist measures 6 7/8" which fits well within the medium range according to their fit guide and is above the small.

I'm wondering if the fit is my heart rate problem. During non-workout times of the day, my heart rate reading is where it should be, in the mid-60's. But when I go to the gym and use an elliptical machine it can read in the 200's (about 50 off other devices). I should have passed out by now according to the Band 2.

Anyone seeing these erroneous HR readings on elliptical machines? I wonder if it has to do with the arm movement.
    11-04-2015 12:48 PM
    I have a similar dilemma, could you tell me the circumference of your wrist? I ordered the large and wont be able to return it if it is too small as I have to import it :S
    My wrist was about 186 mm when I measured it. So, just right on the cusp of the medium high end.
    11-04-2015 01:53 PM
    Me too. I ended up with the large. Reason being that at the tightest setting, the clasp looks better than when I had the medium at a looser setting.
    11-04-2015 02:13 PM
122 12345