03-17-2017 01:27 PM
196 1234 ...
tools
    Has anybody had much success with the Band 2 with a W10 build compared to Windows 8.1? The same issues that were present in my Band 1 are still present on my Band 2 (paired with my Lumia 1520 on 8.1) and was wondering does the Band 2 work better with W10?
    11-01-2015 08:19 PM
    I am iOS 9.1 and the weather on band 2 doesn't stay sync'd when I first install the app and set up the zip code it worked. Then on subsequent syncs it seems to go back to Redmond, Wa (which I assume is because that is home of MS) i.efactory default. If I uninstall the MS health app completely from iPhone and reinstall we are good but then it happens again. The only fix - u install and reinstall MS app.!
    11-02-2015 07:06 AM
    Has anybody had much success with the Band 2 with a W10 build compared to Windows 8.1? The same issues that were present in my Band 1 are still present on my Band 2 (paired with my Lumia 1520 on 8.1) and was wondering does the Band 2 work better with W10?
    I am having major HR issues with the biking app. Erratic readings about 1/3 mile into the ride. Had the same problem with Band 1.. thought it just did not work. I am running ICON with 8.1. I am as we speak, uninstalling MS Health app and reinstalling to see if it helps. When I shut off Bike app and view HR, it goes back to normal immediately. (from 150 BPM to actual of 95 BPM)
    11-02-2015 08:58 AM
    On the original Band, the golf app required one to wear the Band on one's leading wrist. This was to enable it to count shots, and it generally did a pretty good job. I made the mistake once of forgetting to move it to my left wrist (I usually wear it on my right wrist), and it did not count any of my shots.

I wear a heavy watch, and have gotten used to how the watch feels and moves on my wrist while playing golf. So moving the original Band to my left wrist impacted how my golf swing felt (felt "off"). But I had to do that to enable it to count shots. So imagine my delight in finding that the golf app on the Band 2 allows one to specify which wrist, and orientation, the Band 2 will be worn during golf.

Problem is......it didn't work. Wore it on my inside right wrist, and it didn't count a single shot. I know someone posted on these forums that they experimented with the original Band, and that worn on the right wrist, but face outside, it worked. Which makes sense, because the sensors would detect motion the same way as if on the inside left wrist. Soooo........

Either my Band is defective, or maybe they left out the algorithm to switch the way it detects a swing if the user has selected to wear it on a different wrist. I will try to test it tonight, with it on my left wrist.
    11-02-2015 09:28 AM
    ....Wore it on my inside right wrist, and it didn't count a single shot. I know someone posted on these forums that they experimented with the original Band, and that worn on the right wrist, but face outside, it worked. Which makes sense, because the sensors would detect motion the same way as if on the inside left wrist. Soooo.........
    If that is the case, then MS will have a very difficult time including more and more swing styles and probabilities.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-02-2015 09:41 AM
    If that is the case, then MS will have a very difficult time including more and more swing styles and probabilities.
    Not true......the general motion of a golf swing (for motion sensors to detect) is the same for everyone. Which is why it can pick up a putting and chipping stroke the same as a full swing. If it can pick up a regular stroke AND a putting stroke, it is plenty good at not needing different people's swing styles!
    11-02-2015 10:10 AM
    I am iOS 9.1 and the weather on band 2 doesn't stay sync'd when I first install the app and set up the zip code it worked. Then on subsequent syncs it seems to go back to Redmond, Wa (which I assume is because that is home of MS) i.efactory default. If I uninstall the MS health app completely from iPhone and reinstall we are good but then it happens again. The only fix - u install and reinstall MS app.!
    Are your emails syncing to the mail tile on your band?
    11-02-2015 10:40 AM
    I notice a little bug: If I rotate to see the time and then hit the power button to access the functions of the band it sometimes turn right on, and other times it turns back off and I have to hit the power button two more time to get it to come back on again. A little weird...
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    11-02-2015 07:29 PM
    My band 2 doesn't sync with the desktop app after I updated the software. Am not sure if it was syncing before then since i hardly ever use the app, but decided to check it out to see what the update might be. I am using W10 and the computer accurately recognizes the band 2 as being connected, but the desktop sync app keeps asking me to connect the band.
    GSOgymrat likes this.
    11-02-2015 08:07 PM
    I have a few issues.

1. The HR tracking is way off! I did a very light workout on the cardio machine and my average for 15 minutes was 152 and it said my peak was 175. According to my Fitbit and the cardio machine I was more closer to 115-120. I wasn't pushing it at all.

2. I thought I noticed this on Saturday but now it is confirmed. I have a difference when I sync compared to my band and what the app says. My band right now is almost 1000 more than what the app says.
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    11-02-2015 08:59 PM
    Anyone's weather tile defaulting to Redmond's weather after a while?
    11-02-2015 10:53 PM
    Anyone's weather tile defaulting to Redmond's weather after a while?
    read this before somewhere else. so seems like a real issue, are you on an iPhone by any chance?
    11-03-2015 01:08 AM
    I have a few issues.

1. The HR tracking is way off! I did a very light workout on the cardio machine and my average for 15 minutes was 152 and it said my peak was 175. According to my Fitbit and the cardio machine I was more closer to 115-120. I wasn't pushing it at all.

2. I thought I noticed this on Saturday but now it is confirmed. I have a difference when I sync compared to my band and what the app says. My band right now is almost 1000 more than what the app says.
    I am having similar issues with HR on the road bike. (Band 1 did the same thing and I returned it) HR spikes to about 170 after 4-5 minutes and then stays there most of the time. My actual HR is about 110 max. As soon as I shut off the app and view the HR on the me tile, it is normal. Running 8.1 on the Lumia Icon.
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    11-03-2015 05:55 AM
    read this before somewhere else. so seems like a real issue, are you on an iPhone by any chance?
    Yup.
    11-03-2015 06:20 AM
    there is another thread about this, they say its something related to gps being off.
    11-03-2015 06:48 AM
    I am having similar issues with HR on the road bike. (Band 1 did the same thing and I returned it) HR spikes to about 170 after 4-5 minutes and then stays there most of the time. My actual HR is about 110 max. As soon as I shut off the app and view the HR on the me tile, it is normal. Running 8.1 on the Lumia Icon.
    I can confirm this with me too. Went on a 10 mile run last night, and the Band 1 would have my heart rate a fair bit lower than what is registered last night on the Band 2. To the point where it said my workout was "Strenuous". I have NEVER had a "Strenuous" before, and the run was a fast but easy run, and I felt a lot better after this run than I feel after other runs that have been marked as "Improving".
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    11-03-2015 09:59 AM
    I've had it completely stop functioning once and thought it was going to have to be brought back. I plugged it into the charger and it booted back up and said that it ran out of battery, but I had charged it to 99% just 6 hours earlier and it was already at 85% after it booted back up. If that happens and it thinks I ran out of battery in the middle of the day when I really didn't and I have no way to plug it back into the charger until I get home again that will really suck. I've also found that it still has major issues with windows 10 mobile: text messages show up multiple times, sometimes it takes 5-10 mins to receive notifications from the phone to the Band, using the speech to respond to texts (which I think uses Cortana) does not work at all for me, the Microsoft Health app takes close to a full minute to sync with the Band, etc.
    Had the same issue with the battery this morning. 81% right after I plug it in.
    11-04-2015 09:58 AM
    So I've really been thinking about getting one of these bands as a Christmas gift to myself but with all the problems I'm seeing, I'm having second thoughts. How many of these defects can be corrected through software updates? Or is the problem actually a hardware issue?
    11-04-2015 10:07 AM
    So I've really been thinking about getting one of these bands as a Christmas gift to myself but with all the problems I'm seeing, I'm having second thoughts. How many of these defects can be corrected through software updates? Or is the problem actually a hardware issue?
    Ha! Okay, let me try to put MY opinion on this:
    Almost everyone who has a new Band 2 would fall into the category of "early adopter". These types of people are generally (relatively) tech savvy, know exactly what they want, and are more inclined to demand perfection from their devices. Take me for example:
    Am I absolutely happy with the fit of the Band 2 on my arm? Yes. Could it be even better? Yes.
    Did I like the Band 1? Yes. Is the Band 2 better? Yes. Is it perfect? No.....no device can ever be perfect for people like me.
    Are there some differences between how the steps / heart-rate / UV / (insert whatever here) between Band 1 and Band 2? Yes. Are these because the Band 2 is worse or better at tracking this info? No-one really knows.....just comparing what we see.
    Is battery life better / worse? Battery life still has to settle down and tends to get better after a few charges.
    Will the Band 2's measuring of steps / heart-rate / etc get better as it gets used to the individual's use? Probably.
    Can all of these issues (fitments aside) be changed (weary of using the word "fixed"....see above) via firmware updates? Absolutely.
    Should you get a Band 2? If you are interested in a fitness tracker, that also allows email, text, and other integration? In my opinion there is no better option available in the market, and for all people's "complaints", they are more "discussion points" that early adopters like to have to compare results, and help improve devices.
    My opinions, anyway.....
    RumoredNow, jtes8, driedl and 3 others like this.
    11-04-2015 10:51 AM
    lol.. Thanks HSolo. I'm planning on getting the Lumia 950XL when it comes out to replace my older LG Optimus Pro G (yep, moving away from Android for awhile. I'm really interested in the Windows phones. I like what I'm seeing) so I thought the Band would be a nice addition. I work out 4-5 times a week and hoping this will work with all the Zumba I do. Maybe it will inspire me to attend more spinning classes. I also like the idea of not having to continually pull my phone from my purse to check for emails and texts. I will enjoy changing the color scheme to match what I'm wearing. And will be interested to monitor my sleep habits. Yeah, hoping the bugs get worked out over time.
    11-04-2015 01:20 PM
    I am a bit concerned about the hr sensor. So far I have only one cycle trainer session to go on, but for about the first 8 minutes, the Bands hr reading was running 30 to 40 bpm high compared to my chest strap. After that, it appeared to settle down, and tracked within a beat or two of the strap for the next 40 minutes or so, including the test section (it was a 60 minute total-20 minute ftp test). During the cool-down at the end of the activity, once again it stayed up 30 to 40 bpm too high for about 5 minutes, then settled back down and tracked pretty close to the strap until the end. The strap's graph indicates a slow and steady ramp-up of hr for the warm-up, which is expected. The Band quickly jumped up within seconds. Again, during cool-down, the strap recorded a slow and steady decline, whereas the Band held up high, then suddenly dropped to something more believable. It seems to me to be related specifically to how the sensor reacts to increase or decrease in HR. Although, there were a couple of intervals leading up to the ftp test, and it seemed to react reasonably well to them. Hopefully this will be fine-tuned with a firmware update shortly.

Another thing. Although the activity synced to the app almost immediately, it has been almost three hours since the workout, and it still doesn't show up on the web portal. Not sure what's up with that, or if it has anything to do with Band 2 vs. Band 1. Could well be a site problem totally unrelated to Band 1, but I don't remember it ever happening when I was using Band 1.
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    11-04-2015 01:31 PM
    I am a bit concerned about the hr sensor. So far I have only one cycle trainer session to go on, but for about the first 8 minutes, the Bands hr reading was running 30 to 40 bpm high compared to my chest strap. After that, it appeared to settle down, and tracked within a beat or two of the strap for the next 40 minutes or so, including the test section (it was a 60 minute total-20 minute ftp test). During the cool-down at the end of the activity, once again it stayed up 30 to 40 bpm too high for about 5 minutes, then settled back down and tracked pretty close to the strap until the end. The strap's graph indicates a slow and steady ramp-up of hr for the warm-up, which is expected. The Band quickly jumped up within seconds. Again, during cool-down, the strap recorded a slow and steady decline, whereas the Band held up high, then suddenly dropped to something more believable. It seems to me to be related specifically to how the sensor reacts to increase or decrease in HR. Although, there were a couple of intervals leading up to the ftp test, and it seemed to react reasonably well to them. Hopefully this will be fine-tuned with a firmware update shortly.

Another thing. Although the activity synced to the app almost immediately, it has been almost three hours since the workout, and it still doesn't show up on the web portal. Not sure what's up with that, or if it has anything to do with Band 2 vs. Band 1. Could well be a site problem totally unrelated to Band 1, but I don't remember it ever happening when I was using Band 1.
    I continue to have the same issues with the HR spiking from 105 BPM to 170 BPM and getting stuck there. It may happen after 5 minutes or after 15 minutes. No pattern yet. Thought it was sweat, certain arm, inside vs outside and how tight. All of these variables have produced the same result the past three days. The odd thing is, when I shut down the bike app (I even tried the run app while biking and same problem) and view the HR on the me tile, it almost immediately goes back to normal. When I quickly restart the bike app again, it spikes back up and once again shutting down the app it goes back to normal. This also was tested during my workout at the gym. It started to spike up and I shut down the app and it went back to normal. It sure seems it has something to do with the software as much as the hardware. Any other feedback on this is much appreciated. I am going to hope that over the next few days it evens out (perhaps as another poster suggested, it may take "breaking in" to get used to your patterns. I returned the Band 1 after 14 days for this same problem. Biking is my main fitness activity and if it does now work for that on the HR, then I can just use a bike app on my phone for everything else. The HR function is important.
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    11-04-2015 08:28 PM
    I haven't had the opportunity yet to go biking but my last elliptical exercises are pretty bad with the HR tracking. The first time Monday night the average was about 45 way too much and tonight's was about 25 way to much on the average. Better but I never had this problem with the original band and it really has me concerned right now.

Syncing takes a very long time as well and not sure if that has anything to do with the technical preview or not. I also had an issue that the app was showing a much lower total than what the band was showing. I figured out that once I turned off the motion settings on the phone I'm not having that problem. I never had this issue with the original band though.

I am also seeing a problem with tracking steps as it seems way off from what the Band 1 tracked and what my Fitbit is giving me. I just might wear all 3 tomorrow to get a better idea but I have seen others saying they are seeing issues. Sometimes I walk around my house and I get zero steps or around the office.
    11-04-2015 09:23 PM
    I've had it completely stop functioning once and thought it was going to have to be brought back. I plugged it into the charger and it booted back up and said that it ran out of battery, but I had charged it to 99% just 6 hours earlier and it was already at 85% after it booted back up. If that happens and it thinks I ran out of battery in the middle of the day when I really didn't and I have no way to plug it back into the charger until I get home again that will really suck. I've also found that it still has major issues with windows 10 mobile: text messages show up multiple times, sometimes it takes 5-10 mins to receive notifications from the phone to the Band, using the speech to respond to texts (which I think uses Cortana) does not work at all for me, the Microsoft Health app takes close to a full minute to sync with the Band, etc.
    Exact same thing happened to me today, turned on as soon as I hooked it up to its charger, it prompted me to input the time and date because the battery depleted.... but it still had ~80% left. I skipped my workout because of it though :(. I was slightly hoping it was just bricked so I could get a new one (mine already has scratches on the screen and I don't even know where they came from.)
    11-05-2015 12:48 AM
    I used an elliptical yesterday and my heart rate spiked about 40 BPM high and stayed there. Since getting my Band 2 I've gone for a GPS run, a treadmill walk and a row on an erg. Those activities showed a HR consistent with band 1 so I was surprised when the elliptical was crazy high. I didn't have that problem on an elliptical with B1 so I'm not sure why B2 is so confused. I'm sure it can be addressed with a software update.
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    11-05-2015 04:24 AM
196 1234 ...