03-17-2017 01:27 PM
196 ... 45678
tools
    wp_20160213_14_04_41_pro-1.jpg
    walked into a Microsoft store and tried on the new Band 2. For giggles I put on a Medium and Large and tried out the HRM. FYI my Band 1 is pretty accurate when I work out. When I first got it, I compared it to my Wahoo chest strap and see that it was pretty spot on for walking and running activities.

This is just mind boggling that the other two Band 2 units are reading so different than my Band 1
    02-15-2016 02:59 PM
    Wow, the differences here are pretty interesting for sure. Mine has been pretty accurate so far (Band 2)
    02-18-2016 09:00 AM
    Microsoft is not standing by their Product. I owned my Band 2 for just 5 weeks before it decided to fall apart, apparently just because I wore it every day. I'm not even that active, but my Band 2's band fell apart after only 5 weeks of use. My Band 1 lasted far longer, when the rubber started to peel on the underside of the Band 1, Microsoft gladly exchanged it. When I called about the new watch, my Band 2, they told me I would NOT get a free replacement, and I had to pay to have it repaired. BEWARE!
    Less than 60 days old, and they will not replace it, I'm considering Small Claims Court
    There is something you are not telling us.

Last night my Band 2 strap cracked open.
    This morning I logged onto the Microsoft site, registered my Band 2, called them and was informed that I could:
    A. Take my band 2 to any Microsoft store and swap it out for a new one, no questions asked no money
    B. Ship my band 2 to support and they would ship me another free of charge

They stand by their product. They know there are durability issues with this model and informed me the engineers are working on a solution.
    You get a 1 year warranty and free replacements.

Why dont you tell us the WHOLE story.
    02-24-2016 10:30 AM
    My experience is the exact same as TennisGuy45. Mine was replaced with zero fuss, and zero money.
    02-26-2016 07:07 AM
    Just wanted to post back that I took my Band 2 with a cracked open strap to the Microsoft Store this Saturday.

They swapped it out for a brand new one out of the box right there in front of me. No fuss no muss.

The store has been doing a lot of that and Microsoft knows there is something wrong with the compound they used so they are not giving any grief on exchanging them.

I fully expect to have to do this again until they fix the issue.
    02-29-2016 12:13 PM
    I have had exactly the same problem as the original poster, after 2 months the wrist band cracked exposing the wiring. I purchased the band online from Microsoft as I have no store near me. I rang the support number and returned the band for inspection (and, I naively assumed, replacement). But no, they've returned the band to me saying that they will not replace/refund under warranty.

I am furious and will be taking this further. If you look elsewhere on this forum you will see that this is not an unusual occurrence and the way that people are being treated varies greatly.
    03-02-2016 04:12 AM
    Sorry to hear that and @MCTM if they did that to me I would be taking it as far as I could as well.

The strap cracking is a known flaw in design and Microsoft should be replacing it for free. There should be no refusal to replace and I would demand a refund if they did not replace it.

Without seeing pictures of your band I cannot completely condemn Microsoft. I'm not saying you are a liar or are trying to pull something but maybe there is something Microsoft is seeing on your band to refuse it.

My band was used heavily and even had some scratches on the frame and screen. I ran, played tennis, and lifted weights with my band.
    Again the store employees and the phone rep all acknowledged that the strap cracking open was a known issue and flaw in the design.
    03-02-2016 10:08 AM
    I have had exactly the same problem as the original poster, after 2 months the wrist band cracked exposing the wiring. I purchased the band online from Microsoft as I have no store near me. I rang the support number and returned the band for inspection (and, I naively assumed, replacement). But no, they've returned the band to me saying that they will not replace/refund under warranty.

I am furious and will be taking this further. If you look elsewhere on this forum you will see that this is not an unusual occurrence and the way that people are being treated varies greatly.
    There is a vast and very disturbing gulf between how customers are being treated with in-store returns vs. mail in service. In my own experience, I was refused with my Band 1 due to "excessive wear", and we have seen several other similar experiences here on the forum. Face to face returns always seem to result in no hassle replacements. As I've pointed out before, I guess its much easier to say 'no' when you don't have to face the customer. I will never try to get a replacement from MS again after my experience. When a product is used in the way it is intended to be used and fails within the warranty period, it should be replaced. That the product is not designed in such a way so as to withstand the sort of use it is marketed for, should not be used as an excuse not to replace it. Obviously MS Store personnel and MS customer service reps are not on the same page.
    03-02-2016 01:23 PM
    To save battery during exercise it is suggested to turn off the screen with power button. For me instead of turning off - the watch appears and the watch is shown all the time during exercise. So it's either statistics of workout or the watch... Is there any setting to turn of both? The watch is in rotating mode.
    Eric Oud Ammerveld likes this.
    03-11-2016 11:17 AM
    Got latest Fast Ring build 14283 the other day. It was a long download/install on my 950XL but seems to be good so far.

Except when it comes to re-pairing the Band 2.

Band 2 lost connection to Health app I think after the update. Tried hard resetting the Band. Ensured Band was removed as a recognized Bluetooth device in WP settings. When pairing the Band says it was successful but Health app says there was an error. I also uninstalled/reinstalled Health a couple of times but no luck.

I think I tried everything but I do not plan to reset WP because it's a freakin' hassle

Ideas? Anyone else have an issue now with Insider/Band2?
    03-12-2016 08:37 PM
    I have the same issue, after the update the health app does not see my band anymore even tho my lumia 950XL is paired and my band 2 also sees my phone (re-paired). I tried alot, rebootting, repairing and reinstalling health app. No success so far. I think it is a new bug and you are the only one I found who also has the issue.
    03-13-2016 04:22 PM
    Anyone else have an issue now with Insider/Band2?
    Oh yes, I'm on the fast ring as well.
    03-13-2016 04:23 PM
    I'm on fast ring too. Updates were funny with what you guys mentioned. Eventually the update was successful. However, I don't get ANY notifications on my band. Messages, phone calls, email, alarm. Bleh
    03-13-2016 06:14 PM
    To save battery during exercise it is suggested to turn off the screen with power button. For me instead of turning off - the watch appears and the watch is shown all the time during exercise. So it's either statistics of workout or the watch... Is there any setting to turn of both? The watch is in rotating mode.
    Hi marchius,

If you have Watch Mode enabled then the screen will not fully turn off turn while in the Exercise, Run, or Bike tile. My team tries to balance battery life with user asks, for the case when watch mode was turned on we chose to respect the user's preference for always showing the time. In the future we might add a toggle switch inside the tiles that can change this behavior, since it is a sizable difference in battery life.
    Chris Sabella and Kram Sacul like this.
    03-13-2016 09:48 PM
    I have the same issue, after the update the health app does not see my band anymore even tho my lumia 950XL is paired and my band 2 also sees my phone (re-paired). I tried alot, rebootting, repairing and reinstalling health app. No success so far. I think it is a new bug and you are the only one I found who also has the issue.
    <SNIP>
    Band 2 lost connection to Health app I think after the update. Tried hard resetting the Band. Ensured Band was removed as a recognized Bluetooth device in WP settings. When pairing the Band says it was successful but Health app says there was an error. I also uninstalled/reinstalled Health a couple of times but no luck.

I think I tried everything but I do not plan to reset WP because it's a freakin' hassle

Hi rfcdejong and signal-2-noise,

Current fastring build have a known issues with Band. Changing your phone's language (even to another variant of your native language) will (at least temporarily) fix the problem.

See more on the Windows Blog.
    signal-2-noise likes this.
    03-13-2016 09:53 PM
    I think it would be no need to add another setting. Better to make the general setting off watch to apply if I choose to turn off the screen during work out: if I use rotate, then the watch would appear when I rotate. If I choose always on, the watch would be always on and during work out.. If watch is off, during work out switching of screen the screen is simply off (as it is already now). So only rotate part should be implemented/added to current setup...
    03-14-2016 10:05 AM
    I have a Band 2 and I'm using a Windows Phone running on Denim.

After the last update, my Band 2 has started discharging the battery almost twice as fast as it used to... and for no reason that I can see.

I keep Bluetooth off (problems with VIP on emails not working; I kept getting notified of ALL emails) on both Band 2 and Phone and only connect using Bluetooth in the morning or night when I need to sync data.

What's going on and what should I do?
    03-21-2016 11:43 PM
    Hey guys, I'm trying to find a solution to this problem with no results:

Cortana and sms reply functions (both keyboard and cortana) don't work properly on Windows 10 mobile (last official release, not insider). In my experience the bug occurs specially with wifi enabled, less on 3G/4G.

Many friends have this problem:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/b...4-6cfcedd5f2de
    03-24-2016 08:12 AM
    Is any one getting extremely high numbers of flights of stairs climbed?? This Band 2 is showing 60 to 140 flights of stairs climbed a day and I have not climbed a flight of stairs in years I live in Fl all single story homes and I am 70yrs old very rarely I go to the mall and use an escalator. Hope others are having this problem may be we can get it fixed in a software update.
    04-03-2016 08:56 AM
    I am 70 yrs old live in Florida and have no stairs in my house. I have had my Band2 for a few months now and it seems to record between 150 and 250 stairs every day I have recorded well over 4000 stairs. I don't work, barely go out of the house, what in the world could be causing this and how can I get this resolved should be showing 0 stairs except occasionally a stair climb at the mall.

any help appreciated
    Bert
    04-03-2016 08:58 AM
    Unfortunately my Band has cracked... again. This is actually the 3rd time I've had one do it and it's pretty disheartening. Basically you can never ever place it on any surface other than exactly flat or it'll separate the strap.

I'm sure I'll get it replaced by the store again, but this will have been the 3rd time I've had it replaced and it's getting downright embarrassing. Don't get me wrong, the people in the store have been great, but it's really kind of weird that they recognize me by sight now.
    04-22-2016 09:41 AM
    Help, I'm having issues with GPS locking, any suggestions before sending it to be repaired, I've tried syncing with phone before trying to get a lock and I've also tried factory reset.

Thanks
    05-07-2016 02:35 PM
    Have worn mine for 5 weeks now and it has been great.
    05-08-2016 08:42 PM
    Has anyone had issues with the main button? Over the weekend, it went "squishy" on me - meaning that it doesn't really click when I press it. Still works, but doesn't have the same click as the action button when pressed. My gut tells me that it's just a matter of time before it stops working, but I doubt I can exchange it out because it "feels" weird.
    05-10-2016 09:14 AM
    Got latest Fast Ring build 14283 the other day. It was a long download/install on my 950XL but seems to be good so far.

Except when it comes to re-pairing the Band 2.

I'm having same issues with my Band 2 after getting Preview 15024. It says band is paired, but when I launch MS Health, it keeps trying to pair with device and doesn't see it. So band is useless at this point. I've tried hard reset of band, removed band from app, uninstalled app. None of that worked. Really liked how the band worked when had it on 8.1.
    05-18-2016 06:37 PM
196 ... 45678