03-17-2017 12:27 PM
196 ... 5678
tools
    I'm having same issues with my Band 2 after getting Preview 15024. It says band is paired, but when I launch MS Health, it keeps trying to pair with device and doesn't see it. So band is useless at this point. I've tried hard reset of band, removed band from app, uninstalled app. None of that worked. Really liked how the band worked when had it on 8.1.
    Choosing a different language (English UK, Canada, or US for example) resolved the issue. This was a tip mentioned by others here. I'm on latest Fast Ring.
    Last edited by signal-2-noise; 05-18-2016 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Typo
    05-18-2016 07:22 PM
    Choosing a different language (English UK, Canada, or US for example) resolved the issue. This was a tip mentioned by others here. I'm on latest Fast Ring.
    My Band just has English. No choices. I did update my OS, but that didn't solve the problem either. So hoping a MS Health app will pop up here soon.
    05-18-2016 11:03 PM
    Has anyone had issues with the main button? Over the weekend, it went "squishy" on me - meaning that it doesn't really click when I press it. Still works, but doesn't have the same click as the action button when pressed. My gut tells me that it's just a matter of time before it stops working, but I doubt I can exchange it out because it "feels" weird.
    Try Purell on the button. Mine was gunky and cleaning it made it work again
    05-19-2016 05:30 AM
    My Band just has English. No choices. I did update my OS, but that didn't solve the problem either. So hoping a MS Health app will pop up here soon.
    Choose Language in WP system settings, not Band.
    05-19-2016 09:13 AM
    Try Purell on the button. Mine was gunky and cleaning it made it work again
    Thanks! That did it. I actually just used a couple of drops of water, but it worked. So simple.
    indylux likes this.
    05-19-2016 11:07 AM
    Quite disappointing that they don't fix the bluetooth audio bug (the music remote doesn't work when you're listening using an external bluetooth speaker).
    05-19-2016 12:30 PM
    Choose Language in WP system settings, not Band.
    Don't know why, but I added English (Canada) and the band synced. Go figure. I'm a happy camper.
    signal-2-noise likes this.
    05-19-2016 11:55 PM
    ^
    Now that you have it synced you can go back to your language of preference without issue. Glad it worked for you!
    05-20-2016 09:39 AM
    pair it to your laptop with bluetooth and cable and see if it then works
    05-22-2016 06:40 PM
    Hi,

I've got my second MS Band 2 nearly 2 weeks ago and unfortunately it seems to be not working correctly. I replaced my first Band 2 after 1 week because its battery life was terrible (charged 100% in before going to bad, sleep tracking, morning workout tracking 1.5h and it was dead short after that), charging took very long (1,5h to 80%, 2h to 99%, 4h to 100%) and HR sensor was defective (always in acquiring mode) and inaccurate.

I've done some tests of my second Band 2. The battery life is ok now but here are some serious bugs I've found:

1) HR sensor seems to be defective again. When I randomly turn the screen on it's almost always in acquiring mode (empty heart icon). I've noticed that only after I put it on my wrist it goes from acquiring to locked (full heart icon) but after a short while it's in acquiring again. When I'm tracking an exercise (bike ride, workout, etc.) it's locked for a while and then it goes to acquiring and so on. And it's really inaccurate.

2) HR sensor is inaccurate. When I don't track any exercise it barely goes higher than normal even though I'm actually doing an exercise! And when I have a lazy day at work and I turn on exercise tracking for a whole day it shows some very high calories burning! Here are some proofs:
    This is how my normal workout day looks like. I wear my Band 2 and when I work out I turn on workout tracking (Strength).
    1-workout-day.png

This is how my non-workout day look like. I didn't track any exercise. On this particular day I woke up, took a bike to work (10 min), worked for 8h, took a bike home (10 min) and played my console. Notice that the band didn't register any extra calorie burning and elevated heart rate when I was riding a bike!
    2-nonworkout-day.png

This is how it registers a bike ride when I actually turn on bike tracking.
    3-nonworkout-day-bike-.png

This is my workout day. The time of the workout was exactly the same as on my first screenshot. This time I didn't turn on any tracking. The Band 2 was just on my wrist the whole day. Notice that the Band 2 registered very minimal extra calorie burning.
    4-workout-day-no-tracking.png

This time I woke up, charged the device, immediately started the workout tracking app and turned the screen off so it can last the whole day. During the day I had a football game but notice how different was the calorie counting comparing to when the Band 2 is on idle.
    5-football-game-all-day-tracking.png

This time I also woke up and started the workout tracking app right away. Than I was driving a car for nearly 8h (over 600 km). The band registered some very unusual calorie burning and it also registered a lot of steps I didn't even do!
    6-car-ride-all-day-tracking.png

This is the next day. The Band 2 was idle for the whole day. I was driving for 3 hours and I was on my friend's wedding in the evening (so a lot of dancing). Look how much different it is!
    7-car-ride-wedding-day.png

In this test Band 2 on idle. I was driving a car for 8h (over 600 km, the same route as before, I was going back). Look how much different it is.
    8-car-ride-no-tracking.png

As you can see, the HR monitoring and calorie burning is totally unreliable.

3) Facebook Messenger app is sending unnecessary notifications. When I'm using my phone and I open a chat on Facebook Messenger, my Band 2 is vibrating and displays the following notification "Chat heads active". When I receive a message it vibrates but instead of displaying the message it displays "Chat heads active". As far as I remember such problem didn't occur on my previous Band 2 (the one I replaced with my current one) so now I'm not sure it's because my current Band 2 is defective or is it because of some software update that came in the meantime.

4) Floor counting is not working properly. E.g. I took 3 floors and it counted only 1.

So these are the bugs that occurs to me. Bug number 2) makes the Band 2 totally unusable for me as proper HR monitoring and calories counting was the reason I bought this device in the first place. My questions is: should I try to replace the device one more time because it should work the other way or is it just the way it works?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    05-30-2016 07:44 AM
    Get the charging cradle to help with charging and hook it up to puter, put the health program on the puter. Then the phone and puter work seamlessly together and you charge the band and you get all updates automatically when hooked to the puter charging.
    06-03-2016 10:02 AM
    Who did you answer? And what is "puter"?
    06-07-2016 05:33 AM
    Who did you answer? And what is "puter"?
    I think its an abbreviation of "computer"
    06-07-2016 09:17 AM
    Thanks. This is the first time I see such abbreviation.
    06-07-2016 09:35 AM
    Thanks. This is the first time I see such abbreviation.
    likewise.
    06-07-2016 11:49 AM
    Have had my Band 2 for two months. Since the last update all of the "4s" display with the bottom of the number centered. The number now looks like a triangle balanced on a pole. Anyone else have this problem with their display?

banddisplay.jpg
    Last edited by John Olmstead1; 06-17-2016 at 04:13 PM.
    06-17-2016 04:01 PM
    I have had my band2 for almost a year with Lumia 735 everything used to work now Cortana will not work since an update. I have tried all the tricks others have used to get theirs working again, but no luck for me.
    06-23-2016 01:47 AM
    I'm having this same problem. Trying to use Cortana from the Band or reply to text messages results in a message on the watch saying bluetooth is not connected. However, I do get Text Notifications and I am able to sync exercise data.

MS Health: 2.3.20621.0
    Lumia Icon v 10.0.10586.420
    06-24-2016 01:43 PM
    Elevation tracking issues

Hi all! I got my B2 a few days ago, upgrading from a B1. I did my first bike ride yesterday and the elevation tracking was WAY off, showing as much as 108 meters - I live in Amsterdam where the highest point may be like 10-20 meters above sea level. However, the weather changed quite a lot for the duration of the ride (from heavy rain to almost sunny) and my GPS saver was on. Is it possible that with the GPS saver on, it uses the barometer, which is affected by weather changes?

Connected question: how can the barometer be used for elevation measurement when the weather changes (which, I guess, changes the barometric pressure)?

Thanks, Mike
    Eric Oud Ammerveld likes this.
    06-28-2016 09:31 AM
    Latest firmware update today and latest MS Health app update. Now when selecting tiles I see that Cortana is greyed out and therefore not available to select. Running 14372 and now 14376 on my 950XL DS. Anyone else have this happen?
    06-28-2016 06:38 PM
    Ok so chatted with band 2 support today and they went through all the stuff we have seen posted to try to remedy this issue. He then determined it has to be a hardware issue. He set me up to get my band 2 replaced today at Microsoft store. So I now have a new band that has the same problem. Lol oh well .
    06-28-2016 10:11 PM
    Since last week SYNC uploads to strava report a faulty time after running / walking.
    Strava reports 17:22 as the time
    img_4330.png

While the MS Band 2 app shows 44:44
    img_4329.png
    06-29-2016 06:35 AM
    Since 3 updates back the RSS feeds fail to update properly.

I first received several times the same update on news and after that saw the news wasn't updated anymore at all.
    I've now disabled the RSS tiles since they don't bring any added value when not updating.
    Reinstalling them didn't do the trick.

I think the GPS save energy function might be responsible for this 'strange' effect.
    06-29-2016 06:38 AM
    Hi I live in Rotterdam and have experienced the same effect.
    Also with GPS saver on!
    06-29-2016 06:44 AM
    I would be great if the watch would indeed "wake up" immediately in the "workout mode" instead of showing the time.
    I mean when running you would generally want to see your stats and not per se the time (that is shown in the stat's anyway).

Note that I really like the Band 2 in favour of the Apple Watch
    06-29-2016 06:50 AM
196 ... 5678