Just got mine, sizing is off

B Hammer

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Mine turned out to be the right size. Was it an employee in the store that sized you? Each individual prefers a different level of comfort; some like it tight while others like it loose. I tend to prefer fitting the size myself.

Did you try using the sizing chart posted by Microsoft? I posted here in the forums about it. Download it, print it off, and wrap it around your wrist.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes I used the downloaded sizer. At the MS store and they are confirming the Bands "run big". Probably best to actually try the diff sizes at the store, if anyone is gonna buy one, as opposed to the downloadable sizer.

captblaze

Jul 31, 2007
Visit site
wouldn't be surprised if the online measuring tool was for gen 1... my wife had a small gen 1 which was tight, and her gen 2 small fits much better

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to hear that in a way... I was hoping that the sizes were a little bigger this go around. Glad to know that they are. I have the 1st gen and I had to make it fit. I?m pleased to hear that they are bigger. Mine came today and no one was home to receive it. :(

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I went to the MS store few weeks ago and got sized as L. It arrived today and clearly too big. Anyone else have this issue?

Ya i was worried large would be too small, but i can actually get to the smallest setting on it. large is right for me, but that paper printout made me think it'd he too small when just the opposite was true.

lfanb

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a medium, as that's what I had in Band 1, and the instructions said to order up if you're on the verge b/n the two, but the medium is too big. I think I'll go to the store and try and probably exchange it for a small.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Argh, MS store sold out of mediums, maybe Monday...although they were cool and said I can use the large all weekend and they will still trade. On a positive note, there are "sold out"!!

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
My V1 large was a perfect size - could be really snug on tightest setting. With V2 the tightest setting is almost perfect but might be a smidge loose at times. My concern is how it does when jogging/biking/etc and if there will be too much play on the wrist for the sensors be be accurate. On the flip side, I can get a minor indent on my inner wrist from the sensor, so it isn't dangling loose...

I guess I'll find out this weekend.

ScottyKnox

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
My V1 large was a perfect size - could be really snug on tightest setting. With V2 the tightest setting is almost perfect but might be a smidge loose at times. My concern is how it does when jogging/biking/etc and if there will be too much play on the wrist for the sensors be be accurate. On the flip side, I can get a minor indent on my inner wrist from the sensor, so it isn't dangling loose...

I guess I'll find out this weekend.

I am exactly the same, I wore my Band 1 a couple clicks from tightest setting. Now with the Band 2 Large I wear it on the tightest setting and it feels good. A run tomorrow will give it the true test to see if it is tight enough.

lolguy

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I have a Large Band 1 but large in Band 2 is clearly too big. Comfy on smallest setting. I'd rather have a couple clicks past comfy. Off to the MS Store tomorrow and try to swap for a medium.

rsmin

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I am beginning to believe I ordered large by mistake. I used the sizing guide on Microsoft website when ordering and was in between medium and large. The sizing guide said if your in the middle between two sizes use the larger size. But after reading in this forum and reviews on YouTube I bet I am going to have to return it. Mine is not coming in till Monday, so will have to wait a while to see. First band for me so no previous reference.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad I went and tried Band 2 on. Was able to go with a medium this time around instead of a large. Clasp is about in the middle for me.

Via the Windows Central app on the Nexus 6

B Hammer

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
The Band 2 is bigger than Band 1. Luckily for me, I wear a medium for both Bands.

Keep in mind that while exercising your wrist will expand in size; so, don't go with a smaller size if you barely fit into it.

cvflowe

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I am exactly the same, I wore my Band 1 a couple clicks from tightest setting. Now with the Band 2 Large I wear it on the tightest setting and it feels good. A run tomorrow will give it the true test to see if it is tight enough.

I have this problem as well. I will test it to see if it's too loose.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

ScottyKnox

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Did a 3 mile run this am. Band felt good, actually loosened it a click. Also stopped by the MS store to try on a Medium. I could wear the medium, but it is well over halfway down the clasp track. The Large only give me a couple clicks to play with on its tightest settings, but it looks and feels better than the medium. I am sticking with the large.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Now that the store has all 3 sizes. I can say that I'm still a medium - however the B2 maybe 2-3 clicks larger. (I have to go that much tighter.)

I normally wear my B1 medium in the middle, but can tighten it a bit. I can just barely get a B2 small on me. A B2 large seems to fit at the smallest setting but still a bit loose. So the medium seems about right, just a little different setting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss