Has anyone used one of these for CrossFit or manual workouts?

Dustin Dexter

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm just wondering how much, if any benefit the band has in usage with a CrossFit style workout. Most of the reviews I've seen really only talk about running fitness with them.

daymouse

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Prob as good as any other fitness band. This is just a limitation on any kind of band that's there's no way it could identify and track all the different movements of this kind of exercise. Most accurate you will get is one that can track your heart rate which should give a more accurate calorie burn.

driedl

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I use the Band regularly for cross fit. The guided workouts are great but you're limited to the exercises listed on the website. If you want to perform other exercises, you either have to set up your guided workout with another exercise and remember what you actually wanted to do or just use the general exercise mode. If you're doing a guided workout for HIIT, it's really cool to see your reps each round.

cmbauer99

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I just got the Band 2 yesterday. I am coming from various wrist devices. I do Crossfit 6/7 days a week and always like to see my heartrate and caloric burn. I have used the Polar m400 with chest strap, Fitbit Charge HR, Polar Loop, Apple Watch with and without chest strap.

I did a workout this morning and I can honestly say this thing tracked it just right. I love the data that it gives and cant wait to start seeing the Vo2 max and graphs after a few workouts.

Here is an idea of the difference - with the Apple Watch a normal 60 minute class would net about 250 calories no matter what the WOD was. At most I think it showed 315 once. However with a chest strap and my Polar m400 it would show around 500 calories. That is on pair with what I saw this morning from the Band2. This is the first wrist HRM that I have worn that has come close to the chest strap. I AM SUPER IMPRESSED so far

Only thing I dont like so far is the clasp is already scuffed on the inside. LAME

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I did a workout this morning and I can honestly say this thing tracked it just right. I love the data that it gives and cant wait to start seeing the Vo2 max and graphs after a few workouts.

When this feature was first added to the dashboard, it said that you needed to complete at least 5 run or biking workouts to calculate the VO2 max rating. Below is what the Microsoft Band support page says now, so you still need to complete some biking or running workouts to get your score. Unless something has changed, it's not going to do it based on the Exercise Tile.
The Health app estimates your VO2 max by analyzing the relationship between your heart rate and speed during activities tracked in tiles like the Run Tile or the Bike Tile. As you work harder, your heart rate, speed, and oxygen consumption increase. Recording more runs or bike rides, with increased effort, may improve the accuracy of your VO2 estimates.

cmbauer99

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Correct, I knew that, sorry I should have clarified in my response. I meant I cant wait to complete some workouts to see the results

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro