Anyone have trouble with haptic alerts on their Band 2? My band 2 does not vibrate at mile points under run app or vibrate when alarm on band goes off. Haptic alert is set to high under settings and do not disturb mode is off. Any help? Tried turning off band and turning it on again no change
    10-30-2015 07:18 PM
    Anyone have trouble with haptic alerts on their Band 2? My band 2 does not vibrate at mile points under run app or vibrate when alarm on band goes off. Haptic alert is set to high under settings and do not disturb mode is off. Any help? Tried turning off band and turning it on again no change
    The vibration has worked on all of my Band's events: alarm, messages, milestones, calendar appointments, etc. Under Settings on the Band, do you have "Do Not Disturb" turned on? Perhaps that is reason.
    10-30-2015 07:55 PM
    no do not disturb is off.
    10-30-2015 08:01 PM
    The vibration has worked on all of my Band's events: alarm, messages, milestones, calendar appointments, etc. Under Settings on the Band, do you have "Do Not Disturb" turned on? Perhaps that is reason.
    The OP has said that "Do Not Disturb" is turned off, it looks like it may be a faulty device to me.. If your in the US a trip to the Microsoft store may be the best course of action.
    10-31-2015 05:10 AM
    no do not disturb is off.
    Sorry, you said as much in your OP. Have you tried to reset your device using Factory Reset and pairing it again with your phone? I'm sure Microsoft would ask you to do that prior to sending a replacement.
    10-31-2015 10:12 AM
    Im wondering if your MB2 updated successfully in the initial setup. Try unregistering the device in Microsoft Health App and deleting the pair info in Blutooth area, Reset your band and start from scratch and see if this helps.
    10-31-2015 10:31 AM
    chatted online with Microsoft Band tech support today I am goin to have the band 2 replaced at a Microsoft store later today
    10-31-2015 12:07 PM
    Glad you are getting the problem taking care of...
    10-31-2015 01:54 PM
    went to the Microsoft store had the band 2 replaced the new band 2 haptic alerts are working on the new band 2. Microsoft took care of me.
    Aaron_Jones likes this.
    10-31-2015 07:26 PM
    I find that the difference between low-medium-high has very little difference. They all seem very low. I thought when I first set it out of the box that when I set it on high, it was much stronger. Then after 24 hours, I hardly noticed the alerts and went back in and tried all three levels and they all seem the same...very weak
    Aaron_Jones likes this.
    11-01-2015 07:06 AM
    insight3fl get it replaced it probably is defective like my first band 2 you should defiantly be able to feel the alerts especially on high. My new one is so much better.
    11-01-2015 08:28 AM
    Haptic alert on high is definitely weaker than high on Gen 1. Don't know if that is hardware related or a bug that doesn't enable medium or high.
    11-01-2015 09:19 AM
    I find that the difference between low-medium-high has very little difference. They all seem very low. I thought when I first set it out of the box that when I set it on high, it was much stronger. Then after 24 hours, I hardly noticed the alerts and went back in and tried all three levels and they all seem the same...very weak
    Agreed!
    11-01-2015 11:29 PM
    I found the haptic notifications on "Medium" to be enough of an unpleasant surprise to me that I GREATLY reduced the number of things that are allowed to notify me that way.

However, either (a) my alarm didn't go off at 5:30 this morning like it was supposed to, or (b) a "Medium" vibration on my inner wrist isn't enough to wake me from even a "light" sleep.

I'm going to try it tomorrow with "High" (and a backup alarm, just in case).

Though I noticed just now when setting it to "High" that I couldn't really feel any significant difference between "High," "Medium," and "Low." I very much like the theory of the "Smart Alarm," that won't wake you out of a "deep" sleep - but if it can't wake me up, it's not as effective as the $9 clock/radio I've been using since 1982...

(Though maybe the Smart Alarm is being TRULY smart, and thought at 5:30 this morning, "He could really use another hour..." :-))
    11-02-2015 09:36 AM
    My understanding is the smart alarm won't go off if you are in a light sleep. I get up at 5:30 AM. My Smart Alarm could have gone off as early as 5:00 AM. However, I was already awake at 5:00 (usual Monday morning work anxiety), so my alarm did not go off until 5:30
    11-02-2015 12:23 PM