11-06-2015 02:51 PM
30 12
tools
    Another app I have recently discovered, is the Microsoft Band Media Controls which allows you to do the following from your Band:

• Play
    • Pause
    • Skip tracks forward and backwards
    • Turn the volume up and down
    • Locate your phone by setting off its ringer.

Took a few tries to get it to control Pocket Casts instead of Play Music (which is the default). I downloaded the app to my phone, opened the app and let it add the tile to my band. Then go to the Health app and make sure it is showing up in your Tiles list. Then after saving and letting the Band update I selected which service I wanted it to control (sadly you have to pick which app you want it to control when you want it to control a different app).

At the moment it seems you need to go into the Media Control app, change the music/movie app you want it to control, then clear it from memory in the recent apps list before it will switch between services.

For my listening needs, it works with the services I want it to:
    • Pocket Casts
    • Play Music
    • Netflix
    • Audible
    • Amazon Music

Not a perfect app by any means, but for $.99 and what it can do I felt it was still worth it. Hopefully it gets better at being able to easily switch between services it controls without having to clear the app from recent apps, but at least it only takes a few seconds to do.

The dev also has a few other apps for the Band there as well that seem to do alright, but not too necessary to me. I did grab the
    11-06-2015 12:57 AM
    So I was able to fix the issue with MS Health not recognizing/syncing with my Band 2 with a factory reset and complete fresh set up of the band. Everything has been working fine which is great.

However, I have a question...

Has anyone figured out how to make dismissing notifications on the Band to dismiss them on the phone as well (and vice versa). It's not that big of a deal I guess, but it's slightly annoying to read a text on the Band, dismiss/reply to it, and then have the text notification still on the phone.
    11-06-2015 08:45 AM
    So I was able to fix the issue with MS Health not recognizing/syncing with my Band 2 with a factory reset and complete fresh set up of the band. Everything has been working fine which is great.

Has anyone figured out how to make dismissing notifications on the Band to dismiss them on the phone as well (and vice versa). It's not that big of a deal I guess, but it's slightly annoying to read a text on the Band, dismiss/reply to it, and then have the text notification still on the phone.
    Just to be clear, this is happening with a Droid device correct?
    This would be a deal breaker for me. I get so many text notifications, I would be spending a lot of time going back and forth.
    11-06-2015 11:05 AM

Been awhile since I have used a Band with a Windows Phone and I am not even sure it can do that what you are looking for on those devices much less on Android.

The Band is more an extension of the device it is paired to with notifications, and dismissal of notifications being a one way street other than being able to reply to text messages via the keyboard.
    11-06-2015 11:50 AM
    Just to be clear, this is happening with a Droid device correct?
    This would be a deal breaker for me. I get so many text notifications, I would be spending a lot of time going back and forth.
    Yes. I'm using a Galaxy S6 running 5.1.1.*

And after doing some research it appears that is just how the Band works. Not a deal breaker for me. I bought it as fitness tracker first and foremost. If you really need that type of notification interaction an Android Wear device might be better for you.
    jleebiker likes this.
    11-06-2015 02:51 PM
30 12