Using a Band 2 with Android device

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wondering if anyone else is using a Band 2 with an Android device like I am.

I used my Band 1 with my Android devices at the time and had no issues with it, but it's nice to see how easy Microsoft has made it to set up with any phone.

Also the Microsoft Health app has come along nicely since I last used it (sold my Band 1 early in the summer).

Via the Windows Central app on the Nexus 6

elysm1

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting on the Band 2 (due to be delivered Monday) and will be using it with a Note 5. I've thought about the Band 1 many times and when the 2 was released I figured it was a no-brainer. I'm looking forward to using it and hope that it's all that I've read it is.

Do you have any complaints using it with Android so far?

jimmib

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I am using my 2 on a droid turbo and the setup with easy....so far no problems.....going for my 1st walk in a little while in the pouring rain....gotta love the PNW this time of year....rain,rain and more rain....:)

cvflowe

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm using it with my note 5. Everything is working flawless. Although it would be nice if they included Cortana.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

jimmib

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I just got back from my walk and used the "run" app to record it....worked well and only a few steps off from my "map my walk" app on my phone....would be nice if I could sync with map my walk but so far not available....so far I am liking mine

theojt

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I am also on a Note 5 works great, I agree with cvflowe only thing missing is the Cortana integration.

I'm sure they will...the Cortana app is in public beta on Android and I'm guessing the only thing missing is the MS Health tile for Cortana on Android.

driedl

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Band 2 and Nexus 6 here. Working great with no issues. Lots of little updates to the Band OS shows me that MS is serious about this product and didn't just mail it in.

ludesleep

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Band 2 and Nexus 6 here. Working great with no issues. Lots of little updates to the Band OS shows me that MS is serious about this product and didn't just mail it in.

Are you already updated to marshmallow? I'm still kicking the nexus 5 with 6.0 and curious if there were any issues.

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Anyone used smart alarm feature yet? I'm using band 2 with nexus 6 and couldn't find this feature in the alarm settings. Is this feature only available to windows phone users or am I over looking?

Also has anyone noticed battery drain when watch mode was turned on to "always on"? I used to have this feature turned on my 1st gen band and still used to get about a day and half of battery including an hour of activity tracking while i do some cardio. So turned "Always on" to "rotate". May be an update is on the on the way.
Like others i've also noticed that the step count is stuck at 0 although i walked around wearing it.

SpenDeR000

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I received my Band 2 on Friday 10/30 and it seemed to work well with my Galaxy S6 (5.1.1) for the first day or so, but now it will not connect with MS Health at all. The bluetooth connection seems to be fine as I'm still receiving notifications & can even customize the tiles, theme, etc. Although that seems to be slower to connect than before as well. It will not sync any data from the Band 2. It either displays a message asking me if the band is still connected and near by or it just times out and does nothing. Pretty frustrating. I've tried unpairing and pairing the device to no avail. I might try to factory reset the band and reinstall the MS Health app.

Last edited:

luke31

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way to get sports scores pushed to the band on Android? Theoretically, I should be able to use my favorite sports app and see its notifications on the band right?

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to get sports scores pushed to the band on Android? Theoretically, I should be able to use my favorite sports app and see its notifications on the band right?

This doesn't help with your favourite sports app but if you can find an RSS feed publishing sports scores then you can create your own Band tile with their web based tile creator: https://developer.microsoftband.com/WebTile/

Click on 'Get Started' and you probably want a 'Feed tile'.

I think your favorite sports app would need to support the Band for it to push notifications.

There's also the 'Notifications Center Tile' that should receive all notifications from your phone.

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting on the Band 2 (due to be delivered Monday) and will be using it with a Note 5. I've thought about the Band 1 many times and when the 2 was released I figured it was a no-brainer. I'm looking forward to using it and hope that it's all that I've read it is.

Do you have any complaints using it with Android so far?

After using it now since Friday when I received it, I am very happy with the level of notifications I get with it.

One thing I was surprised to see was when using Google Maps to navigate to a new place it notified me each tenth of a mile as we got closer. Not then end of the world, but sort of got annoying.

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I have been using the Yahoo Sports app and it sends me notifications about teams I am following.

When you have the Notification Center tile on your Band, any notification that you would see on your phone comes through in that tile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss