Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more!
11-06-2015 02:51 PM
30 12
tools
    Wondering if anyone else is using a Band 2 with an Android device like I am.

I used my Band 1 with my Android devices at the time and had no issues with it, but it's nice to see how easy Microsoft has made it to set up with any phone.

Also the Microsoft Health app has come along nicely since I last used it (sold my Band 1 early in the summer).

Via the Windows Central app on the Nexus 6
    10-31-2015 09:33 AM
    I'm waiting on the Band 2 (due to be delivered Monday) and will be using it with a Note 5. I've thought about the Band 1 many times and when the 2 was released I figured it was a no-brainer. I'm looking forward to using it and hope that it's all that I've read it is.

Do you have any complaints using it with Android so far?
    10-31-2015 11:14 AM
    I am using my 2 on a droid turbo and the setup with easy....so far no problems.....going for my 1st walk in a little while in the pouring rain....gotta love the PNW this time of year....rain,rain and more rain....:-)
    10-31-2015 11:35 AM
    I'm using it with my note 5. Everything is working flawless. Although it would be nice if they included Cortana.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    10-31-2015 12:13 PM
    I am also on a Note 5 works great, I agree with cvflowe only thing missing is the Cortana integration.
    10-31-2015 01:20 PM
    I just got back from my walk and used the "run" app to record it....worked well and only a few steps off from my "map my walk" app on my phone....would be nice if I could sync with map my walk but so far not available....so far I am liking mine
    10-31-2015 02:09 PM
    I am also on a Note 5 works great, I agree with cvflowe only thing missing is the Cortana integration.
    I'm sure they will...the Cortana app is in public beta on Android and I'm guessing the only thing missing is the MS Health tile for Cortana on Android.
    10-31-2015 11:10 PM
    Band 2 and Nexus 6 here. Working great with no issues. Lots of little updates to the Band OS shows me that MS is serious about this product and didn't just mail it in.
    11-01-2015 05:55 AM
    Band 2 and Nexus 6 here. Working great with no issues. Lots of little updates to the Band OS shows me that MS is serious about this product and didn't just mail it in.
    Are you already updated to marshmallow? I'm still kicking the nexus 5 with 6.0 and curious if there were any issues.
    11-01-2015 08:02 AM
    Anyone used smart alarm feature yet? I'm using band 2 with nexus 6 and couldn't find this feature in the alarm settings. Is this feature only available to windows phone users or am I over looking?

Also has anyone noticed battery drain when watch mode was turned on to "always on"? I used to have this feature turned on my 1st gen band and still used to get about a day and half of battery including an hour of activity tracking while i do some cardio. So turned "Always on" to "rotate". May be an update is on the on the way.
    Like others i've also noticed that the step count is stuck at 0 although i walked around wearing it.
    James8561 likes this.
    11-01-2015 08:59 AM
    Are you already updated to marshmallow? I'm still kicking the nexus 5 with 6.0 and curious if there were any issues.
    No, sorry, I'm not on Marshmallow yet.
    11-02-2015 06:08 AM
    Anyone used smart alarm feature yet?
    I have smart alarm set but I tend to wake up before my alarm so it hasn't woken me yet. You activate the smart alarm through the sleep tile. Just select the tile and swipe right.
    11-02-2015 06:11 AM
    No, sorry, I'm not on Marshmallow yet.
    My band was delivered today. Everything works perfect on Android 6.0.
    11-02-2015 06:59 PM
    I received my Band 2 on Friday 10/30 and it seemed to work well with my Galaxy S6 (5.1.1) for the first day or so, but now it will not connect with MS Health at all. The bluetooth connection seems to be fine as I'm still receiving notifications & can even customize the tiles, theme, etc. Although that seems to be slower to connect than before as well. It will not sync any data from the Band 2. It either displays a message asking me if the band is still connected and near by or it just times out and does nothing. Pretty frustrating. I've tried unpairing and pairing the device to no avail. I might try to factory reset the band and reinstall the MS Health app.
    Last edited by SpenDeR000; 11-03-2015 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Additional Info
    11-03-2015 06:46 AM
    Is there any way to get sports scores pushed to the band on Android? Theoretically, I should be able to use my favorite sports app and see its notifications on the band right?

11-03-2015 06:55 AM
    Working flawlessly with my Note 4, still running 5.0.1.
    11-03-2015 11:43 AM
    Is there any way to get sports scores pushed to the band on Android? Theoretically, I should be able to use my favorite sports app and see its notifications on the band right?
    This doesn't help with your favourite sports app but if you can find an RSS feed publishing sports scores then you can create your own Band tile with their web based tile creator: https://developer.microsoftband.com/WebTile/

Click on 'Get Started' and you probably want a 'Feed tile'.

I think your favorite sports app would need to support the Band for it to push notifications.

There's also the 'Notifications Center Tile' that should receive all notifications from your phone.
    luke31 likes this.
    11-03-2015 04:47 PM
    I'm waiting on the Band 2 (due to be delivered Monday) and will be using it with a Note 5. I've thought about the Band 1 many times and when the 2 was released I figured it was a no-brainer. I'm looking forward to using it and hope that it's all that I've read it is.

Do you have any complaints using it with Android so far?

After using it now since Friday when I received it, I am very happy with the level of notifications I get with it.

One thing I was surprised to see was when using Google Maps to navigate to a new place it notified me each tenth of a mile as we got closer. Not then end of the world, but sort of got annoying.
    11-03-2015 10:04 PM
    I am using mine with a Nexus 6 on Android 6.0.
    11-03-2015 10:07 PM

I have been using the Yahoo Sports app and it sends me notifications about teams I am following.

When you have the Notification Center tile on your Band, any notification that you would see on your phone comes through in that tile.
    luke31 likes this.
    11-03-2015 10:10 PM
    One thing I was surprised to see was when using Google Maps to navigate to a new place it notified me each tenth of a mile as we got closer. Not then end of the world, but sort of got annoying.
    You can fix this by removing google maps from your list of apps in the notifications tile.
    11-04-2015 03:00 AM
    I have been using the Yahoo Sports app and it sends me notifications about teams I am following.

When you have the Notification Center tile on your Band, any notification that you would see on your phone comes through in that tile.
    Can you turn some notifications off on the band? I get a lot of notifications and I would like to pick which ones shows up on the band 2

11-04-2015 10:52 PM
    Can you turn some notifications off on the band? I get a lot of notifications and I would like to pick which ones shows up on the band 2

Yes, you can. In the health app on your phone go to:menu/manage tiles. Select the little pencil next to the notification app. Select the apps you want to receive notifications from.
    11-05-2015 03:46 AM
    Using my band 2 with my galaxy note 4 and love this thing. Only thing I am having problem with is the map is not showing up when doing my walks. GPS is turned on, I get A GPS lock and it keeps track of everything on the band, steps, heart rate, and miles but when I go to the health app it has all the info from my walk except the map. The map says enable GPS on the band but it is already that way? Not a deal breaker but just curious as to why it won't show up. Any ideas? Thanks

11-05-2015 04:26 PM
    Yes, you can. In the health app on your phone go to:menu/manage tiles. Select the little pencil next to the notification app. Select the apps you want to receive notifications from.
    Sweet, thanks for the tip that should have been obvious to me ;-).

11-05-2015 09:36 PM
30 12