Auto Sleep

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Where are you looking? I'm not sure as the Band itself senses auto-sleep, but the back end processing does. Check in the MS Health app as well as the dashboard.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Gen 1 had auto-sleep tracking enabled sometime in late spring or early summer 2015. However, it was not as accurate as activating it manually. I had already developed the habit of activating it every night before sleep, and this is one of the main reasons I got the Band was to optimize my sleep, so I wanted all the accurate data I could get.

If it is important to you, I'd recommend activating it manually. It isn't that hard to do once you get in the habit.

jbfoster61

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I found this from an article.

The Band is a sleep tracker as well. Not too long ago the original Microsoft Band received a software update that made sleep tracking automatic, and that goes for the second Band as well. The first night I wore the Band, I expected it to track my Zs automatically?and then had no data the next morning. I asked Microsoft about this and a representative told me that it can take up to two hours after waking up for your previous night's sleep data to be fully available in the app. You can always manually enter sleep mode as well by pressing the Action button from within the sleep tile.

Microsoft Band 2.0: Big steps forward mean you just might ditch your trainer | Ars Technica

BlueCube4

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Auto-sleep detection worked for me last night (first night I turned it on manually). It was within 10 minutes of my FitBit Surge. The Surge showed me failing asleep sooner than the Band 2. I fall asleep fast, but I think the B2 was more accurate last night.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
yeah the it takes a while for that to show up on the dashboard. its really not working if its not there by the next day.

keld

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Are you using Smart Alarm? I turned mine on the last 2 days and didn't work even though I was awake 20 minutes before my alarm time.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
The auto-sleep detection worked for me the first night I had my Band 2. I wasn't feeling well and fell asleep watching TV around 8:30. I woke up about 11:30 and synced my Band quickly before going to bed, where I activated sleep mode. When I checked the next morning, I had a 2+ hour session of auto-detected sleep stored in my dashboard to go along with the manually activated sleep session.

tigermcm

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
at first i thought it didnt have auto detect but then two nights ago it worked but for some reason it takes awhile to show up in the app for me i dont understand that

inffy

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Worked for me last night (as I wanted to test the automated function). Although it took something like two hours to shop up in the app/dashboard.

But I still think it is better to do it manually just to be sure

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Auto sleep or on the App comes as Sleep (detected) seems rather accurate on both bands.
I hardly see any restful sleep been recorded and this is very much true reflection of my general sleep pattern.. I am rather a light sleeper nevertheless I feel well rested and fully charged by 5am.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs