Hey everyone. So I'm a huge fan of traditional watches. I love them as jewelry items, and as incredible timekeeping instruments. This is precisely why I've been so reluctant to get a smart watch, as I can't imagine not wearing a good old traditional timepiece.

Now, the Band 2 seems to do everything that a good smart watch can do, and more. And it's a band, not a watch. So my question is: Does anyone wear a watch on one wrist and the band on the other? How do you feel doing so?

Thanks!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    11-01-2015 12:08 PM
    I wear a watch on my left arm and the Band 2 on my right.
    luke31 and ven07 like this.
    11-01-2015 01:09 PM
    I imagine it would be overkill but since the microsoft band is more of a fitness watch then a smart watch, you could wear it only when you know you're going to be active that day. And just stick with a regular watch on regular business/work days. The microsoft band gives you a lot of options though, and it is something that can be useful to wear everyday. So if you're looking for a fitness tracker then maybe just get a less expensive one that is made just for fitness that way you can wear it on days your mostly active. Or just wear both, but me personally I think that's overkill lol.
    luke31 likes this.
    11-01-2015 01:14 PM
    I imagine it would be overkill but since the microsoft band is more of a fitness watch then a smart watch, you could wear it only when you know you're going to be active that day. And just stick with a regular watch on regular business/work days. The microsoft band gives you a lot of options though, and it is something that can be useful to wear everyday. So if you're looking for a fitness tracker then maybe just get a less expensive one that is made just for fitness that way you can wear it on days your mostly active. Or just wear both, but me personally I think that's overkill lol.
    I will probably end up wearing both. I want notification support and a normal watch at the same time, and since this is just a band, I don't think it should be so bad. I see plenty of people at work wear a fitbit on one wrist and a watch on the other. Granted, this is thicker than a fitbit, but it should work, especially with the screen oriented on the bottom of my wrist.
    11-01-2015 02:01 PM
    I wear my Garmin Fenix 3 on the left wrist, Band on the right. Have done so since release of Band 1. I find that the Band is best for 24/7 general use, and the Fenix best for specific (more granular) activity monitoring. I like them both too much to do without one or the other.
    luke31 likes this.
    11-01-2015 06:12 PM
    I wear a Casio g-shock on my left wrist and a Fitbit on my right. now that I have my band 2, I'll be replacing my Fitbit with the band. I wore the band 1 this way but ended up returning it bc I thought it still needed work. we'll see how this goes!
    luke31 likes this.
    11-01-2015 07:45 PM
    I'm wearing my Band 2 on my left wrist and my FitBit Surge on the right. I want to compare the two as fitness trackers; and decide if I want to keep using my Surge or give it to a family member.

So far the Band 2 and Surge have very different readings; as of 2PM at work:

________Band 2____Surge
    Steps:___1,674_____4,419
    Floors:____5________9
    Calories:__1,104____1,774
    Sleep:____Band 2 was 10 minutes less (Band 2 was on Auto)

Jury is still out.

BTW - I was wearing the Surge on my left wrist and a Moto 360 on the right. If I keep the Band, I may stop wearing the Moto 360. I have over 300 watch faces on my Moto 360, but after a few months the "excitement" of buying/downloading new watch faces everyday has worn off.
    Last edited by BlueCube4; 11-02-2015 at 01:22 PM.
    ven07 likes this.
    11-02-2015 12:56 PM
    I'm wearing my Band 2 on my left wrist and my FitBit Surge on the right. I want to compare the two as fitness trackers; and decide if I want to keep using my Surge or give it to a family member.
    This comparison might be impacted by which hand is dominant, i.e. if you do more stuff with your dominant hand that counts as steps. I don't know what impact this would have but something like brushing your teeth or picking things up. Maybe these devices are smart enough to ignore those things.
    11-02-2015 04:27 PM
    I have the same concern on mine. I used the FitBit Charge before getting the Band 2. After a long day at the zoo with my kids, my Band 2 showed i had under 5000 steps, my wife's FitBit Surge had her over 7500 steps. I then wore my FitBit on my right arm (which it was normally), and my Band 2 on the left. After an hour, Band 2 350 steps, FitBit 750 steps.

I understand the dominant vs non-dominant point...but that shouldn't account for 2.5x the amount of steps.

I used to consistently hit 10,000 steps with my FitBit. Haven't passed 7500 steps in 2 full days with the Band 2.
    11-02-2015 05:21 PM
    Apparently the Band is known to be more conservative than the FitBit, as per the Windows Central review.
    11-02-2015 05:28 PM
    This comparison might be impacted by which hand is dominant, i.e. if you do more stuff with your dominant hand that counts as steps. I don't know what impact this would have but something like brushing your teeth or picking things up. Maybe these devices are smart enough to ignore those things.
    The Surge has a setting for dominant and non-dominant wrist. I set the Wrist Placement setting on the Surge to dominant (was non-dominant); I'll see how they compare tomorrow.
    11-02-2015 05:52 PM
    I like the Band for what it can do as I own the first Band. But it is a fitness device first and a watch second. Apple Watch is the opposite of this. It is a watch first and fitness stuff second. With the Apple watch, you can flip your arm and the time shows up. You can get the time on the Band but its more a throw back to the 70's style Casio / Pulsar two handed LED watch to get the time.
    ledwatch24hrkl.jpg
    luke31 likes this.
    11-02-2015 07:19 PM