Watch mode, rotate on?

g2red89

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
One of the small new features that made me want the new band is its watch mode rotate on feature. It wasn't a huge deal not having it with the first one, but it is a small but useful feature that I enjoy. So how many of you guys have this feature enabled, and do you think it has a negative impact on battery life? I ask because I noticed mine is always coming on, and sometimes it becomes a nuisance. Hopefully there's an update someday that will make it a little less sensitive. I don't know, I might just switch back to rotate off at least when I'm at home and turn it on when I'm at work. So how about for you guys? I like this feature and this and the new charging cable is the reason I bought the band 2.

g2red89

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Just wish it wasn't so sensitive. I've turned it off literally after I posted this thread lol. But I'm gonna turn it back on later when I'm out and about.

Hoekie

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
On the Band 1 watch mode on or off made barely (if any) difference in battery time.
Can't image it does on the Band 2 with the OLED screen. More a gimmicky thing.

Will see for myself when I actually have my Band 2.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has been less than I expected, but I can't say for sure whether or not it's because of this feature. I do agree with everyone else that it's way too sensitive, though. I'm not sure why it asks how you wear the band because it actives from just about every position, regardless of which way you've told it. I'm going to turn it off and see if my battery improves.

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I agree that battery life has been less than expected. On the original Band, I turned watch mode off because it greatly affected my battery life. With it off on the original Band, I would get between 48 and 60 hours between charges. I have the Rotate On with my Band 2, and battery life seems much worse than my original Band. I will try turning the option off in a few days, and see if battery life increases to what I used to experience with my original Band.

g2red89

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I agree that battery life has been less than expected. On the original Band, I turned watch mode off because it greatly affected my battery life. With it off on the original Band, I would get between 48 and 60 hours between charges. I have the Rotate On with my Band 2, and battery life seems much worse than my original Band. I will try turning the option off in a few days, and see if battery life increases to what I used to experience with my original Band.

I had mine off for the majority of yesterday, and turned it on a few times here and there and so far the batter has been holding up pretty good. I'm still just under 24 hours though and don't think it will last for the rest of the day with it off but will see.

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I had "rotate on" from when I got the Band 2 on Friday until Monday evening when I charged it and switch the clock off. My observations:
With "Rotate" on, I was getting a little over 24 hours between charges. Since I switched it off, I am going on 38 hours now, and battery is at 45%.....which is about what I was getting with Band 1.
In fairness to my test, I will switch it back on to "Rotate" tonight after a full charge, because modern batteries tend to get better after a few charges, and check my results again.

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I have rotate enabled, think it's a nice feature but I do agree it's a tad sensitive. This is my first Band so I can't compare battery life. Like others have suggested, take a shower --> connect to charger. Insert "hopefully daily" in front of shower if need be. :wink:

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
To report back on my battery usage without "Rotate On" (no watch mode at all). 100% on Monday evening, then normal usage of checking time and emails during the day, tracking sleep, and using the smart alarm......was at 25% same time last night. So 48 hours from fully charged to 25%. That gives me about the same as Band 1 with similar usage (48 to 60 hours between charges).

I am going to turn the "Rotate On" again to see battery usage, but may be a few days until I test because of running and golf the next few days which will not make it a fair test.

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
To report back on my battery usage without "Rotate On" (no watch mode at all). 100% on Monday evening, then normal usage of checking time and emails during the day, tracking sleep, and using the smart alarm......was at 25% same time last night. So 48 hours from fully charged to 25%. That gives me about the same as Band 1 with similar usage (48 to 60 hours between charges).

I am going to turn the "Rotate On" again to see battery usage, but may be a few days until I test because of running and golf the next few days which will not make it a fair test.

I envy you getting out on the links as often as you do. With the season change here in Chicagoland I'm hoping to get a few rounds in to test my B2 before it's no longer fun.

And BTW, I shut "rotate on" off to test longer battery life while out and about. It's no big deal for me to push a button to see the time.

I'm still in B2 learn mode but after a few days ownership I'm very satisfied with it.

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
We have a production plant in Chicago, and I often end up there in January for a week......way to cold for me! Florida is perfect for all year golf :grin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium