Buyers of the Microsoft Band 2

erichyde43

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
  1. Did you upgrade from Band 1?
  2. Are you a new Band / fitness tracker user?
  3. Did you upgrade from a Fitbit / other tracker?
  4. Did you move from another smart watch?

rsmin

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site

No
New user
Didn't move from another tracker.
Had two previous smartwatches. Moto 360. Samsung gear.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
1. Yes
2. No
3. I've owned......lets see now......Samsung Gear Fit, Garmin VivoSmart, Amiigo, FitBit Surge, Basis Peak, Mio Fuse....I think that's it.
4. Use the Band concurrently with Garmin Fenix 3, and once in a while with the Peak or Fuse. But mostly just the Band and Fenix.

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
1. Yes
2. No
3. No, Band 1 was my first exercise tracker
4. I actually also use the Garmin Swim Watch to track my primary exercise

I use my Band 1, and now 2, for the connectivity with my Windows phone (1020 still going strong), for the sleep monitoring, and to track my walk and occasional biking. I wish it would work with swimming as I get in 13,000 - 15,000 meters per week and that's a bunch of exercise to not be added to the app! But overall, I really enjoy the darn thing.

Paul Stasik

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site

1. Yep, had the Band 1 since Nov 1, 2014 and just got the Band 2 on Oct 30.
2. Nope
3. Before the Band 1, I had a Fitbit Flex
4. Nope - I'm more interested in monitoring health & fitness than smart features

BlueCube4

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I have been using a FitBit Surge since the beginning of the year.

I have been wearing the Surge on my left wrist and a Moto 360 on the right. Now I have the Band 2 on my left and the Surge on the right to compare the two.

I have hope the Band 2 will replace both the Surge and Moto 360; however, the jury is still out. I am not satisfied with the step count, calories burned, and floor count on the Band 2.

1 - During the past three days, the Band 2's floor count is only registering 1/3 of the floors that the Surge does. The Surge is nearly 100% accurate on the floor count BTW.

2 - The Band's step count is less than 60% of the Surge's. The Surge has been very consistent for me regarding step count; varying no more than a couple hundred steps on the days that I go to work, walk the dogs, and work out in the evening (yes, I have a very structured life and workout regiment).

3 - Calories burned and distance are off like the step count.

4 - Sleep tracking is pretty close between the Surge and Band 2. The Band 2's auto sleep detection has worked fairly well; 18 minutes more, 22 and 32 minutes less than the Surge over the past three days. The resting heart rate of the Band 2 (lowest HR during sleep) has exactly matched the low point on the graph that FitBit provides (heart rate low point hit 45 all three days). I like MS's sleep tracking data presentation slightly better than FitBit's. However, I have no way to verify how accurate MS's Restful Sleep calculation is.

I plan to wear both 7x24 for two weeks before I decide if I should return the Band 2.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes