Battery Life Between Band 1 and 2

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I had previously reported poor battery life on my Band 2 compared to my Band 1. I made some small changes, and the difference is noteworthy. I lowered the display brightness from medium to low, and I switched the clock from always on to rotate on. I wasn't sure the rotate would work well enough initially, but after trying it out, it works just as I hoped, the display is off until I look at the watch.

The battery life has almost doubled by making these two changes. I was getting <24h on a charge, now I'm getting close to 40h. I don't notice the changes in my day-to-day use, so the battery charge duration is at least at parity with my Band 1 now.

The other difference I've noticed, Band 2 charges more quickly, and of course gives better granularity on the charge level. On my Band 1, it would reach 80% and just sit for a long period of time before advancing. The results of Band 2 seem much more linear, and even a short charge period gives a sizable boost.

driedl

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Battery life has improved dramatically for me as well and I didn't make any changes to my settings. At first it was barely making it through a day but a week later I'm seeing 2+ days with no issues.

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Battery life has definitely improved. So, same settings where I was getting just over 24 hours with "Rotate On", I switched to no clock mode and got my usual 48 to 60 hours as with the original Band. Tested the past few days with "Rotate On" again, and battery life is just on 48 hours. So definite improvement after a few charge cycles (expected with modern batteries). I will go back to no watch mode though, because I don't wear the Band as a watch, and I appreciate the "extra" 12 or so hours I get without "Rotate On". Note that these tests were done with no GPS usage, two sleeps, two alarms, and usual email and text usage for me.

jariga

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting much battery life with Band 2.

My Band 1 only just lasted a day and occasionally ran out beyond 24 hours - never used watch mode and rarely used gps.

My band 2 is usually at 40-60% after 24 hours, and use rotate watch mode.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Band 2 on iPhone with the Watch Mode On and getting pretty bad battery life. Yesterday, I got the low battery warning at 9PM, so about 20hrs of use. Granted there was a high volume of texts, but I didn't have this problem on the Band 1 running down so quickly.

Davide Carozza

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Ditto for me, Witness. Under 24 hours. Also, my Band 2 seems to have a big jump while charging--it'll charge smoothly until 40% or so, then suddenly jump to 75%. Would explain my greatly reduced battery life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro