Rash developing

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have any rash problems with Band 1, but after wearing Band 2 since release day I've started to develop skin rash around my wrist. Has anyone else started to get some form of skin irritation also?

driedl

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, same here. Mine was minor and has gotten better after 24 hours but I never had a proven with band 1 or any other band/jewelry for that matter.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have any rash problems with Band 1, but after wearing Band 2 since release day I've started to develop skin rash around my wrist. Has anyone else started to get some form of skin irritation also?

is it near the rubber or the metal area?

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Crap. This is exactly what I was afraid of. I can wear any type metal watch, jewelry with no issues, but my Band 1 gave me a rash. The metal parts actually formed bubbles in the metal. Is anyone noticing the bubbly metal yet?

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I had tons of corrosion on the metal of my Band 1 making me return it twice for new ones. Haven't noticed it yet on Band 2. I ended up ordering an Armor Suit body skin hoping this might help.
6b8215469969f18302111ee7bb3fe286.png

driedl

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
is it near the rubber or the metal area?

I have a small itchy spot right where the metal under the screen joins the rubber of the strap. I'm hoping there was a foreign substance there from the manufacturing process because I've never had a problem with a watch/jewelry/band before. I thought it was gone but it was itching several times yesterday.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I got a rash from band v1. Was hoping the v2 would might be better. Will keep an eye on this thread to see how common it is

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Never had any problem with Band 1, and so far nothing with Band 2. FitBit Surge and Basis Peak both gave me problems with skin irritation though. Everyone's chemistry is different. So far mine seems to agree with the Band.

jtzako

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Crap. This is exactly what I was afraid of. I can wear any type metal watch, jewelry with no issues, but my Band 1 gave me a rash. The metal parts actually formed bubbles in the metal. Is anyone noticing the bubbly metal yet?
I havent seen that with my Band 2, but years ago I used to have an issue that would cause certain things to corrode. I first noticed it back in middle school with my brass trumpet, switching to silver finish fixed that. It also affects the dye in clothing, sheets etc. For me, significantly reducing how much of certain foods I eat seems to have helped eliminate that. (mainly soda's and spicy foods) If you are having that sort of issue with metal you may want to get a skin and saliva PH test to see if you are unbalanced in one way or the other.

RyanJo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I had three Band 1s (various small issues among them) and the last one I had gave me a rash where the charger connector is. Yesterday I went and switched my band for a band 2 so we will see how it goes but so far so good.

Captnkirk54

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I didn't get a rash but with the band set to a fairly snug fit the buttons would rub a bit on my arm . Made it a abit tinder but that was gone away with some wear, Also I now leave it fairly loose unless I'm working out or on my walk.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I got the armorsuit body skin and applied the skin to the metal portion of the Band. Didn't go on all that well but it's on, just have to wait and see how well it works. To my surprise the kit also came with a skin for the metal clasp too and went on really well. It gives it nice glossy look too.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
After getting the rash on my right wrist I switched it to my left for a few days and started to a get a really mild reaction (might have been with having it too tight). After putting the Armorsuit body protection, definitely no issue.

driedl

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Not much activity in here - does that mean the Band2 is less prone to causing a rash than Band1?

I think that's fair to say. My rash was off and on for about a week but was always mild and went away after I washed the band. I suspect there was some substance from the manufacturing process that remained where the rubber met the metal because that's the only place I had irritation.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, the band v1 gave me a rash and now the band v2 does too. At least there is no corrosion on the metal with the v2. I'm now trying out the Armorsuit carbon fibre body kit to try to prevent the issue (same as Likwidz). It was a bit expensive to import to the UK but worth it to stop the rash (if it works)

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Just to update, the armorsuit carbon fibre does not stop the rash developing for me. I'm a bit surprised as it covers the majority of the metal on the inside. I would get maybe my sweat can still penetrate through the carbo fibre and cause an issue.

Someone here also reported that covering the metal did not fully solve the issue:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...the-band/4172bd4f-d063-4d4f-b761-2f37c639634b

I found if I placed small strips of PAPER bandage tape on the main contact areas that are causing me to break out I can wear the band longer. I change the tape every couple of days. The tape comes off easily and leaves no residue. The really sad part is I also can't wear the band if I'm going to work out as the sweat will pass through the tape and the rash starts

Last edited:

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone!

One common issue that leads to irritation is sweat build up. It is recommended to periodically clean the inside of your band. Instructions can be found on our website. (New account so I cannot link, sorry)

I've actually gotten a small rash myself if I forget to clean my band after working out.

Also remember to avoid wearing your band too tight, you do not need to wear the band tight for the heart rate sensor to work! Indeed, wearing the band too tight can actually reduce the quality of the heart rate signal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb