Background: I have a Lumia Icon still on the Denim 8.1 windows, no previews. With my old, OG Band, when a text message came in, I could choose the keyboard to write a reply or I could push a dictate button (looked like cortana) to voice dictate a reply, talking into my Band microphone **** Tracy style. In most circumstances, far better way than trying to use that itty bitty keyboard.

However, with my Band 2, only the keyboard option shows up when a text comes in. Yes, I am aware I can dictate a text message using Cortana, and that is a workaround, but this has the added requirement of designating the person I'm replying to (and if the person texting me isn't in my contacts, I would have to remember and tell Cortana the phone number to text).

I'm just wondering, am I the only one who now ONLY has a keyboard option in replying to texts, or is there a way to get this working the way it did on my OG Band. In many ways this is a far better device, but this one case it's quite a step back for me. I really used that "dictate reply" feature a fair amount on my OG Band.
    11-05-2015 02:16 PM