Calorie Count:

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have a sense for how accurate the Band 2 reports calorie burns? I did not wear my Band to sleep last night but the Web account page shows me burning calories from 12:00 a.m.to 5 a.m at a rate of about 60...by the time I woke up, it showed a few hundred calories burned. Hard reset time??

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Are you thinking it is not showing enough calories burned or too much? There is a baseline based on your height and weight so calories are recorded even if you are not wearing the Band. If you have a step counter in your phone, it may factor that into the calorie estimate as well.

When wearing the Band, it seems to use your heart rate and activity to adjust up from that baseline (or down during sleep). As long as the heart rate monitor is working correctly, the calories burned seems fairly accurate when compared my estimated BMR according to electronic scales that measure body fat, muscle, hydration, etc.

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh I see... i was hoping that Band can detect or calculate the actual calorie burn....but if it shows calorie burns even when you are not wearing it would make the record keeping meaningless. To me that baseline data is false isnt it? or does that mean it expects you to burn that minimum baseline amount? If so, I guess that makes sense! RThanks Poi!!

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Basal Metabolic Rate is the amount of energy expressed in calories that a person needs to keep the body functioning at rest.
As far as I can tell, this is pretty much the baseline that I was referring to above. The reason that this is estimated for every hour, even when not wearing the Band, is that it will give you an approximation of the total calories you burned for the day. This is important if you are tracking your calorie intake as well to know let you know if you are burning as many calories as you are consuming.

jtzako

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
It is using activity levels to determine estimated calorie burn. Your height and weight is a good indicator of body mass and that is used to calculate things like how your heart rate and steps would affect you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb