detected sleep and sleep restoration

darth furious

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I forget to put on sleep mode and check the next day I see detected sleep (which is really accurate!). It shows deep sleep and my heart rate but no sleep restoration. I read that many people think that good sleep restoration is measured by how quickly the heart rate drops once you are sleeping. Sleep detection has that info and should be able to calculate that. I think there may be more than that to calculating sleep restoration.

I think sleep mode also uses the GSR perhaps. Maybe it's only activated in sleep mode and not on normally (hence it there are no measurements when it looks back last night to detect sleep). The GSR measures stress and restorative sleep is when stress is low? Any thoughts on why sleep restoration is not measured in detected sleep and only when you set to sleep mode? Maybe it detects HR at a greater sampling, but it should still estimate restoration with a lower sample size.

driedl

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
My guess is that detected sleep can't calculate restoration because it doesn't have a sufficient sample of heart rates. Remember that the Band detects heart rate more often in sleep mode than when you're awake. I forget the actual times but I think it's every 10 minutes awake and every 2 minutes in sleep mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss