Hard time to decide between size M or S

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So annoying, only one size at pre-order time, M... so based on the M being rather floppy feeling and being told that band2 fits bigger than my size M band 1, I opted for Small.

But it's too small :( The widest position is good, but sometimes I would like it wider to go bit further down my forearm for when I need wrist wraps for certain excercises. Also aesthetically speaking, I prefer to have less of the slot showing.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
@anthinyng: what's your wrist size?

Just measured it at 6.5" circumference or 16.5cm, height by eyeball is about 1 5/8" or 4.13 cm

The small does fit, from max open, it's got room to travel about 2 cm along my arm. One notch closed, it still has some travel ability along the arm. Second notch closed, getting snug. Third notch is about as snug as I would want it as by this point, I'm getting decent push back from my wrist to open it up again.a

In the picture, I have it as far down my wrist as reasonable at widest setting. I could use another inch I guess to have room for wrist wraps when needed. Like closer to the mole on my arm :D

WP_20151123_16_23_23_Pro.jpg

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My wrist is approximately the same size (6.5 inches = 165.1 mm). I wore the medium on the first Band at the tightest setting. The medium Band 2 is too large at the tightest setting, and I wear the small at near the mid point of the clasp.

Interesting....So, I have the Band one.... I have to have it at the tightest setting (If my wrist was any larger, I would need a large), so I should be going for a small ?

My wife is asking for Xmas gifts for me, I was thinking about asking but, I dont want to get a medium if it's going to be TOO BIG...

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I have to have it at the tightest setting (If my wrist was any larger, I would need a large), so I should be going for a small ?
We may have different ideas of what "tightest setting" means. I meant that I can adjust the medium Band 1 on my wrist to the smallest opening that the clasp will possibly allow for. It sounds like you are on the opposite end of the adjustment, which I would consider the "loosest setting," but maybe "tight" and "loose" aren't the best terminology for what I was trying to express.

I was on the borderline of a small and medium Band 1, and went with a small Band 2 that fits me well. If you are on the borderline of a medium and large Band 1, then from what I've been reading, the medium Band 2 should work and give you more adjustment room. The large could possibly be too big.

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
@poit57: but they way you wear your small Band 2 probably shows a lot of 'metal' around the clasp, right?

Pretty certain now I have to go for the Medium one, even though I'd rather wear the thing more close to my hand than higher up my arm. But since Amazon UK doesnt have it in stock, guess Im not in a hurry.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
@poit57: but they way you wear your small Band 2 probably shows a lot of 'metal' around the clasp, right?

There is approximately 1/2 inch (12 mm) of the underside of the clasp showing, but its appearance doesn't really bother me. With the way the medium fit, I don't trust that it would have been any good at tracking workouts because it would be moving up and down my arm too much.

lostlogik

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Likewise, originally got the medium as I'd a medium band 1 but sent it back and now have the small. Much better fit.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Lennart Petersson

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Great times now. Band 2 on its way, probably here Monday or maybe Tuesday. And today I've got confirmation from MS France that they have sent the 950 XL :)

Still have no confirmation of SP4...

#superchristmas

Lennart Petersson

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
It's here :)

First, when I looked at the sizing guide at the box I thought, why even bother open it. It will be TOOO large for me :(

But, of course I opened it and I think it was just perfect. So, this is the medium Band 2 on my 165 mm wrist.

2015-12-02 13.03.57.jpg
2015-12-02 13.04.51.jpg

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Yeah got mine too yesterday, also M. Fits great :) Glad didn't go for the S. The clasp covers al the metal underneath, and depending on the shirt I wear I can decide to move the Band higher up my arm. I just have one issue with the device, sometimes the heartbeat sensor is itching. Not sure if thats something Ill get used to, lets hope so.

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I finally decide to exchange to small, and now it fit much better. Also when I was at the best buy store, there's a size guide shown with the demo, it did lies on the in between line of S and M.

lsquare

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I can't decide on whether to get the S or the M. I tried both today at the Microsoft Store. I think the S fit the best, but there's no room for growth if my wrist grows bigger in the future. The M at its tightest setting felt good, but ever so slightly looser compared to the S. Will the heart rate monitor perform better if the band is wrapped tighter on the wrist?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro