Hard time to decide between size M or S

Lennart Petersson

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Measured my wrist with a tape and it was 165 mm measured rather narrow. What do you think would fit me? Anyone with the same measure of the wrist that could guideline me?

Thanks,

/L

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
My wrist is approximately the same size (6.5 inches = 165.1 mm). I wore the medium on the first Band at the tightest setting. The medium Band 2 is too large at the tightest setting, and I wear the small at near the mid point of the clasp.

LucyLovely

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
My wrist is 6 and 1/4 inches. I got the medium first and was able to fit a finger in between the band and my wrist. I returned it and got the small and I also have it closed about midway at the clasp. I can close it tighter, but it looks odd on my wrist. I loosen it a bit when I wear it to track my sleep.

runningwithband

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I bought a small but had to wear it one click away from the widest setting, then returned it for a medium where I wear it one click away from the tightest setting

Lennart Petersson

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Did you get one in the end Lennart? Which did you get and how did you find it?

I haven't and I was actually right now searching on the net for more info about what size I should pick. Maybe it will be a medium, thinking that it will be a bit ugly if I have the small one and all the metall beneath the clasp will be in view? When I decide it will most likely be from MS in Great Britain that I buy.

d0m1

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I had to wear my Band 2 on the tightest setting and plenty of room on the side between the arm and band so I ordered a small one which will arrive tomorrow. I will take some comparison pictures and report back asap

d0m1

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Band2_5.jpg
Band 2 Medium

WP_20151119_11_44_33_Pro.jpg
Band 2 Small

The height of the small one is quite tight, I will wear it today and see how well it fits.. But as you can see the gaps on the side are almost gone with the small one.

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It seems to me that one of the problems with the new design is that because of the width of the screen it doesn't really fit those of us with small wrists. While the strap can bend, it is limited by the body on top and the clasp/battery on the bottom.

In d0m1's 1st picture of the medium Band, it looks like the device itself is sitting more naturally (it's just that his wrist doesn't fill the band - which I'm sure will be the same for me). Whereas the picture of the small Band looks like the strap is being bent in a way that's not ideal.

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Happen to have the exact same wrist size as you Lennart. Not living in a country where Microsoft Band is sold, let alone be able to try it on in a Microsoft Store, so really hoping you - or one of the other people here with similar sized wrists - could share which size, S or M, is the better one.

I tend to say M, because I like the clasp more when it's closed than halfways 'open'.

Also curious: whats the exact size of the body itself?

d0m1

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
While the strap can bend, it is limited by the body on top and the clasp/battery on the bottom.

In d0m1's 1st picture of the medium Band, it looks like the device itself is sitting more naturally (it's just that his wrist doesn't fill the band - which I'm sure will be the same for me). Whereas the picture of the small Band looks like the strap is being bent in a way that's not ideal.

So here are my two cents: Like with Band 1, the height of your wrist is the important measure for band 2 and not the circumference of your wrist. I wore Band 2 Small now 1 day and 1 night and well, it is too tight. Not the circumference but the height. and here is why: you cant adjust the side of the strap with the battery on. And this battery has to sit in the center of your upper wrist and it can't sit on or near the edge of your wrist, that just doesn't fit. so because the battery sits in the center of my wrist, the display on the other side of the wrist moves a bit to the side because as I said: you cant' adjust the length of the side with the battery on, only the other side with the clasp. Long story short: Band 2 Medium in the second or tightest setting fits way more centered and naturally on my wrist, although there are some gaps on the side of the wrist. The height of Band 2 Small just isn't enough and I had quite impressive marks on my wrist from the GSR- and Heartrate-Sensor after waking up this morning wearing the band 2 small all night long because it is too tight.

So as with Band V1 it's not really the circumference of your wrist that's important for fit, but the height of your wrist..

inffy

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the M. I have pretty small wrists but the sizing guide was really almost at the border of M so I decided to take M just to be sure.

If the M is too big I will propably return it and switch to the S size.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I ordered the M. I have pretty small wrists but the sizing guide was really almost at the border of M so I decided to take M just to be sure.
If the M is too big I will propably return it and switch to the S size.
I was at the same spot using the sizing guide, but found the medium didn't get tight enough. I'm wearing a small around the mid-point of the clasp.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon