On 2 different runs, my band said the GPS locked but no or limited GPS data was recorded. Why is this happening?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

On 2 different runs, my band said the GPS locked but no or limited GPS data was recorded

On 2 separate run, the GPS said it locked on a run but when I synced to the phone, the GPS information was missing or limited.

Run 1: 12 mile run. Took several tries for the GPS to lock but finally said it locked. During the run, I did get mile updates and pace reading. But I mainly run with the screen off. When I loaded the data, the GPS only recorded for miles 8-12.

Run 2: 3.5 mile run. Again the GPS said it locked but there was no GPS data. During this run, I paused the band and has to restart it. This resulted in a 1.5 mile run that did have all the GPS recorded.

The GPS is working. But not consistently.

benash1977

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I had this issue this morning. First time using the band to track a run in a month. GPS locked before I started the run - I specifically waited for a GPS lock before setting off. Band gave me km updates, paces etc, but upon concluding the run I had no GPS data. I did pause for approx 30 seconds after 3km/5km, but have done this before with no ill effects. Annoying.

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue this morning. First time using the band to track a run in a month. GPS locked before I started the run - I specifically waited for a GPS lock before setting off. Band gave me km updates, paces etc, but upon concluding the run I had no GPS data. I did pause for approx 30 seconds after 3km/5km, but have done this before with no ill effects. Annoying.

So the Health Dashboard doesn't show anything on the Run map, not even the first part of the run?

Kilika_g35

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me today, ran 3.6 miles, but GPS only showed 3.1 miles recorded on MS Dashboard. I've been using Band 1 since Apr'15 and I've consistently got a GPS lock within a minute of starting a run and never had issues. Today, it took 3 attempts to get a GPS lock. When it uploaded to Strava, it only reported the 3.1 portion, despite MS Health Dashboard reflecting a total distance 3.6 miles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss