I'm here because of "the deal"

hinnomaki

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
The Target deal and all the stacked coupons was too hard to pass up. After spending many days researching smartwatches - fitness trackers, I just couldn't find the one that I liked. I wanted GPS, Heartbeat, and Sleep. So, I kept coming back to the MS Band, but didn't want to pay full price.

Having now used it non-stop for about 4-days now, it's my opinion, this is the best device available at the current $99 price. It's fantastic. It does as much as I need it to (calendar, messaging alerts, email alerts, notifications, etc.) or as little (strict fitness, workout tracker).

I first got a Medium and it was very uncomfortable. It was also buggy, I couldn't get it to sync to my iPhone6. Went back and got the Large and I it might be just a bit too large, but clicking the band to the tightest setting gives a secure fit. One step back it a little loose (where I usually wear it), two clicks back is too loose. However, if I am walking, running, working out, the two clicks back is actually a good fit, doesn't fee too restrictive.

Maybe I haven't had it long enough to find something to complain about :grin: but right now, and 40,200 steps later, I hope it lasts long enough for me to pick up a Band 2 next Fall :cool:

hinnomaki

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Bought my Band on launch day over a year ago. Still love it. It's everything I wanted in a wearable and more.

Glad to hear it. I have not experienced any real issues. I have had the weather app go back to the default of Redmond, WA. I removed tile and fiddle with it, then re-add tile and it works again...but then it reverts back to Redmond after some time.

Everything else seems fine.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm also here thanks to the 'deal'. In the UK it's ?69.99 on Microsoft Store. I've spent a couple of days doing research, to test the water. One of our larger retailers were offering it at ?99.99 on Thursday, so I laughed! Friday, the same site had it a ?74.99! I waited until today praying it wouldn't jump up again. I had to go to the store anyway for xmas prezzies and take advantage of their gift card promo. They had a large band on display at ?69.99. Once we had bought the gifts, we collected our vouchers, went to the back of the queue, and grabbed it. Got it for ?45.99!! Yay, happy days

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I had purchased a Fitbit Charge HR a few months ago, but admit I had been seriously considering a Band, a couple of weeks ago I got a real soaking in a motorbike and the heartrate part of the charge stopped working, and the band offer came along.

If I am being absolutely honest, I think I am now going to buy another Fitbit Charge HR.

Sorry folks but it's much more comfortable, the software is far more user friendly and it's the same on the phone and desktops, just seems a better all round device.

I admit the Fitbit doesn't have the connectivity, messages, Cortana and stuff, but I tend to have my phone on me anyway.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I had purchased a Fitbit Charge HR a few months ago, but admit I had been seriously considering a Band, a couple of weeks ago I got a real soaking in a motorbike and the heartrate part of the charge stopped working, and the band offer came along.

If I am being absolutely honest, I think I am now going to buy another Fitbit Charge HR.

Sorry folks but it's much more comfortable, the software is far more user friendly and it's the same on the phone and desktops, just seems a better all round device.

I admit the Fitbit doesn't have the connectivity, messages, Cortana and stuff, but I tend to have my phone on me anyway.

Yay! Another biker here!! Thanks for the heads up, next time I'm out for a blast on the ninja 9r, I'll tuck the band away!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon