Hey guys, I'm a writer on Windows Central and I've been thinking of using the Microsoft Band 2 to motivate me to lose some weight.

I currently weigh around 375 lbs (bad, I know), and I wondered if blogging about my experiences using Microsoft Health / Microsoft Band 2 is something people would be interested in reading.

If I do it, I'll be doing it properly, looking to lose at least 200 lbs, perhaps doing quarterly updates or, perhaps just one article at the very end of the journey, depending on what people say here.

Would you guys be interested in reading about those experiences? Thanks in advance for replying. :)
    11-15-2015 08:52 PM
    I would. Monthly or quarterly updates on your progression and thoughts on the Band 2 and the Health app over long-term use would be greatly appreciated.
    11-15-2015 09:08 PM
    Link to OP sent to Windows Central news tips. Contact | Windows Central

I'd be interested, obviously.
    11-15-2015 10:34 PM
    I think it would be interesting (I would say at least quarterly updates) and probably would help motivate you.
    11-16-2015 04:41 AM
    yeah, I think that is a great idea! Please document the progress...and use pretty graphs too!
    11-16-2015 05:23 AM
    I'm interested! I'd love if you incorporated Microsoft Health into this journey as well.
    11-16-2015 09:57 AM
    Hey guys, I'm a writer on Windows Central
    How did I miss this part?

Yeah, full steam ahead and great good luck. I'll be tuning in.
    11-16-2015 10:00 AM
    Thanks for the responses guys, I'll get to it, pretty graphs and all!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-16-2015 04:21 PM
    Thanks for the responses guys, I'll get to it, pretty graphs and all!
    I'm not a Band user, but i'm planning on picking one up in the near future. I'd encourage you to get people along with you for the ride. Write blogs and ask questions that get your readers involved. I'd be interested in joining you on this journey to health while also using the tech that we love.
    RumoredNow and Jez Corden like this.
    11-16-2015 08:06 PM
    It's a great idea! I'm also using the Band 2 to lose weight.
    For me, I need to balance calorie intake with expendature.
    A little weight loss math... 3500kcal = 1lb. If you eat 3500 more/fewer kcal than you burn, you gain/lose a pound.
    If you can run a calorie defecit of 500kcal/day you would lose 1lb a week (500x7). I set my goal kcal to 500/day less than maintenance for my current weight. If I stay under my goal, I should lose a pound or more a week.

Since MS Health doesn't have a native calorie intake tracker, I am using MyFitnessPal. It's free, has as WP app and links with MS Health. I log my food on the MyFitnessPal app and let the band do the rest of the work.
    It's been very accurate so far.

Best of luck to you sir!
    Jez Corden likes this.
    11-18-2015 11:28 AM
    I'll get to it,
    Hit us up with links when the articles come out. If they don't make the banner I kinda get busy and forget to look for things.

I really want to read this. I'm trying to shed some pounds myself.

Thanks again.
    11-18-2015 04:47 PM
    I'm not a Band user, but i'm planning on picking one up in the near future. I'd encourage you to get people along with you for the ride. Write blogs and ask questions that get your readers involved. I'd be interested in joining you on this journey to health while also using the tech that we love.
    I will do, I'll come back here and ask people for comments on their experiences losing weight :3
    11-18-2015 07:09 PM
    A little weight loss math... 3500kcal = 1lb. If you eat 3500 more/fewer kcal than you burn, you gain/lose a pound.
    If you can run a calorie defecit of 500kcal/day you would lose 1lb a week (500x7). I set my goal kcal to 500/day less than maintenance for my current weight. If I stay under my goal, I should lose a pound or more a week.

Since MS Health doesn't have a native calorie intake tracker, I am using MyFitnessPal. It's free, has as WP app and links with MS Health. I log my food on the MyFitnessPal app and let the band do the rest of the work.

Best of luck to you sir!
    Cool, thanks for that, I'll check it out
    11-18-2015 07:10 PM

Best of luck to you sir!
    Ha, I'm doing the same.
    11-18-2015 08:06 PM