Thinking of blogging my Microsoft Band 2 weight loss journey!

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm a writer on Windows Central and I've been thinking of using the Microsoft Band 2 to motivate me to lose some weight.

I currently weigh around 375 lbs (bad, I know), and I wondered if blogging about my experiences using Microsoft Health / Microsoft Band 2 is something people would be interested in reading.

If I do it, I'll be doing it properly, looking to lose at least 200 lbs, perhaps doing quarterly updates or, perhaps just one article at the very end of the journey, depending on what people say here.

Would you guys be interested in reading about those experiences? Thanks in advance for replying. :)

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I would. Monthly or quarterly updates on your progression and thoughts on the Band 2 and the Health app over long-term use would be greatly appreciated.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys, I'll get to it, pretty graphs and all!

I'm not a Band user, but i'm planning on picking one up in the near future. I'd encourage you to get people along with you for the ride. Write blogs and ask questions that get your readers involved. I'd be interested in joining you on this journey to health while also using the tech that we love.

indylux

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
It's a great idea! I'm also using the Band 2 to lose weight.
For me, I need to balance calorie intake with expendature.
A little weight loss math... 3500kcal = 1lb. If you eat 3500 more/fewer kcal than you burn, you gain/lose a pound.
If you can run a calorie defecit of 500kcal/day you would lose 1lb a week (500x7). I set my goal kcal to 500/day less than maintenance for my current weight. If I stay under my goal, I should lose a pound or more a week.

Since MS Health doesn't have a native calorie intake tracker, I am using MyFitnessPal. It's free, has as WP app and links with MS Health. I log my food on the MyFitnessPal app and let the band do the rest of the work.
It's been very accurate so far.

Best of luck to you sir!

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a Band user, but i'm planning on picking one up in the near future. I'd encourage you to get people along with you for the ride. Write blogs and ask questions that get your readers involved. I'd be interested in joining you on this journey to health while also using the tech that we love.

I will do, I'll come back here and ask people for comments on their experiences losing weight :3

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
A little weight loss math... 3500kcal = 1lb. If you eat 3500 more/fewer kcal than you burn, you gain/lose a pound.
If you can run a calorie defecit of 500kcal/day you would lose 1lb a week (500x7). I set my goal kcal to 500/day less than maintenance for my current weight. If I stay under my goal, I should lose a pound or more a week.

Since MS Health doesn't have a native calorie intake tracker, I am using MyFitnessPal. It's free, has as WP app and links with MS Health. I log my food on the MyFitnessPal app and let the band do the rest of the work.

Best of luck to you sir!

Cool, thanks for that, I'll check it out

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

Best of luck to you sir!

Ha, I'm doing the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12