Thought for sure this topic would have been discussed but I could not find anything using search.

Do you have any tips on how to keep the Band 2 clean?

On my Band 1 I only used a microfiber cloth and some water after ever workout (almost daily). Towards the end it started to loose the black protection film covering the battery so I started to use Zeiss Lens Cleaner instead of water.

Using the ZLC on my Band 2 seems to be working fine but was wondering what other people are doing? Is there a cleaner available made specifically to clean sweat?
    11-16-2015 05:49 PM
    11-16-2015 06:25 PM
    I'm a little bit surprised by that. Shouldn't one be able to sanitize something that rests on the skin?
    Cartman likes this.
    11-16-2015 10:50 PM
    Has anybody noticed a build up on the back of the Band 2 when wearing it screen-side in? I assume it is just sweat and such from daily wear, but I'm not sure the proper way to clean up since the cleaning and care site for the Band shows the first model with the charger on the wrist.
    01-05-2016 02:34 PM
    I spray 91% isopropyl alcohol on a piece of cloth and wipe the band all over with it to clean off sweat, and dead skin accumulation along with keeping the charging contacts clean. I did the same with my Band 1 and the first one's rubber deteriorated dramatically so I figured that I would clean my warranty replacement band 1 by just wiping it with a dry cloth, that one too deteriorated within 6 months so I don't think the alcohol was a huge factor I think it was just an awful material choice in terms of rubber by MS.

I've had the band 2 one month and the change of rubber material is definitely more resilient to deterioration. I've had no issues when cleaning it with alcohol.
    Cartman likes this.
    01-06-2016 01:56 PM
    I spray 91% isopropyl alcohol on a piece of cloth and wipe the band all over with it to clean off sweat, and dead skin accumulation along with keeping the charging contacts clean. I did the same with my Band 1 and the first one's rubber deteriorated dramatically so I figured that I would clean my warranty replacement band 1 by just wiping it with a dry cloth, that one too deteriorated within 6 months so I don't think the alcohol was a huge factor I think it was just an awful material choice in terms of rubber by MS.

I've had the band 2 one month and the change of rubber material is definitely more resilient to deterioration. I've had no issues when cleaning it with alcohol.
    Good to know. Thank you for the tip!
    01-07-2016 07:17 AM
    I've been just wiping it with a wet cloth after workouts or whenever I feel like it needs a clean.
    01-07-2016 01:32 PM
    Since the band is already off my wrist while showering, I just use the same towel to wipe it down just before I put it back on.
    01-07-2016 01:52 PM
    I rinse mine under old fashioned water...

At first I was panicking that it would stop working but really no issues...

Now I don't even bother taking it off while in shower.

It's still doing perfectly fine...
    It's to a point where I'm 100 confident that it would be ok in the swimming pool...
    I'll try this in a week or two... mind you I would not push mu luck with pressing buttons while playing in water...
    01-07-2016 03:50 PM
    I rinse mine under old fashioned water...

At first I was panicking that it would stop working but really no issues...

Now I don't even bother taking it off while in shower.

It's still doing perfectly fine...
    It's to a point where I'm 100 confident that it would be ok in the swimming pool...
    I'll try this in a week or two... mind you I would not push mu luck with pressing buttons while playing in water...
    Wow that's pretty brave of you! I don't think I'd be doing that with a $250 smart watch that isn't supposed to be exposed to water, but maybe that is just me.
    01-08-2016 07:57 AM
    Yup, just rinse it off with warm water and towel dry it. No issues so far.
    01-08-2016 09:03 AM