Question about battery life compared to Band 1

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Band 2, loved my Band 1. I set it all up, enabled clock mode (which said it would need constant recharging), anyway, decided to go for a 10km run as well, battery died after about 3km. It didn't even last a whole day (fully charged 8pm, ran out of battery about 6:20pm the following day) - why did it drain so quick?

The Band 1 easily allowed me to enable clock mode and run 10km and then get charged at the end of the day. What is the reason the Band 2 battery drops so much?

Many thanks.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I am not sure but to have the clock turn on only on wrist movement really makes a big difference. I can last at leasst 2 days with it now.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure but to have the clock turn on only on wrist movement really makes a big difference. I can last at leasst 2 days with it now.

I just enabled that option so I will see if battery life improves. I am now scared that if my Band 2 goes with me whilst I run (I tend to sweat a lot) that it will just get wet and die quickly. I am not sure if anyone else has had success with Band 2 who is also a runner but I guess I will stick to my dedicated running watch for that.

driedl

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Give it a few days. As I and others on this forum have found, battery life on the Band 2 improves dramatically over the first few days. GPS life is now at least as good as the Band 1.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Give it a few days. As I and others on this forum have found, battery life on the Band 2 improves dramatically over the first few days. GPS life is now at least as good as the Band 1.

Thanks for replying.

Still worried about my Band 2 and sweat though. So I doubt I will use it for running since I think that is what killed the clasp of my Band 1.

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm not worried about sweat. If it starts to corrode I just return it for a replacement. It's a fitness band, if it can't deal with sweat then it is not fit for purpose. MS refunded me for my Band 1 after I encountered the corrosion issue. The clasp was fin though.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, I am based in Thailand where they don't officially sell the Band so I cannot get it replaced.

Furthermore, due to laws in the USA, I cannot send my broken Band 1 there to be fixed due to the battery it has which can be a bomb risk.

So, I am stuck really.

Dennis Bakker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that my Band 2 has also a very short battery life when the clock is set to always on. Today my battery went from 94% to 30% in just 11 hours. I didn't start any activities or used the GPS or so and got little notifications. My Band 1 lasted at least 1.5 days with the clock always on.

I'll now try the rotate function and post the results tomorrow...

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I am disappointed in battery life. Average use (notifications, etc.) and it's getting about 36 hours between charges paired with a Lumia 930 & W10M build 10586.

Dennis Bakker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I quote myself:

I noticed that my Band 2 has also a very short battery life when the clock is set to always on. Today my battery went from 94% to 30% in just 11 hours. I didn't start any activities or used the GPS or so and got little notifications. My Band 1 lasted at least 1.5 days with the clock always on.

I'll now try the rotate function and post the results tomorrow...

Big difference! Today my battery went from 94% to 72% in 11 hours. Turning the clock display to Rotate on saves a lot of battery. I think the OLED display is a step back from the Band 1. Yes it's has a nice contrast, but with the Band 1 I could set the clock to always on and the battery lasted about 2 days. Now with the Band 2 it will not even last for a single day...

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
This is one of my grumpiness against Band 2, when I spent hard earned ?200 on this band I expected it to give three times (at least) better results in every department in comparison to Band 1, however other than the general aesthetic of the band most other stuffs are almost the same, the android app makes things even more difficult.
At the end of the day.. I am in love with it and warming up to it.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I quote myself:

Big difference! Today my battery went from 94% to 72% in 11 hours. Turning the clock display to Rotate on saves a lot of battery. I think the OLED display is a step back from the Band 1. Yes it's has a nice contrast, but with the Band 1 I could set the clock to always on and the battery lasted about 2 days. Now with the Band 2 it will not even last for a single day...

I agree with you there Dennis. The Band 1 could handle the clock on all the time and still last a day (with a 10km run and GPS enabled). Band 2 can't really do that. Not sure why? Does anyone use their Band 2 for running at all? I want to but I sweat so I am scared it will cause the connectors to corrode over time and eventually kill it, like what happened with my Band 1.

Sad really, love the MS Health app and all the data I could get from my runs but now I use a separate TomTom Run GPS watch instead which uploads all runs to the same MapMyFitness account I have synced with MS Health on my phone. I just wish I could somehow update my last run from MapMyFitness in to MS Health? Is that possible? I doubt it, right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss