Win10 Preview not pushing general notifications.......

PaulSidebotham

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I've had a good search through this forum and can't believe there aren't more people complaining about this.

My band 2 is notifying me perfectly of incoming calls, emails and SMS, but nothing when it comes to "others" from the notification centre such as Whatsapp.

Considering how widespread Whatsapp use is (nobody in my circles still use SMS, even elderly relatives have been converted to Whatsapp), and also considering this Win10 build is supposed to be the RTM release, why isn't there more stamping of feet about this??

If I'm wrong and someone replies with an obvious fix then I'll get back under my rock, but if not, please can we have more outrage? Thanks =D

chchaheh

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I have seen the same thing with the last 2 builds and the band2. I was waiting to get an unlocked 950 to see if it was just an issue with my ancient 1020 hardware and the w10m releases. The "RTM" does seems to work much better overall but even removing the band and re-adding it does not get general notifications to work. (for me)

Alroy Swain

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
my notification tile doesn't work for me too! the biggest annoyance for me. tried factory reset my band last night, synced it as to not loose my days data, but alas everything reset to zero, even on the website dashboard!

PaulSidebotham

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I've taken the drastic step of rolling my 930 back to 8.1 to get my notifications working, which is jarring because I've been running the previews since the start. I have to say, I'm shocked by how much better the battery life is now, so it gives me hope that when they release win10 WITH firmware for individual hardware we'll be in a better place with it. Anyway, notifications are singing away now so I'll just have to see how long I can go with 8.1. Probably only until the next preview build, TBH.

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
For me it's the contrary :-(

General notifications were fine with a 950 with the stock build 10586.0. I've now updated to 10586.29 and no more notifications. I've tried removing and adding back the tile and resetting/re-pairing the Band 2, but no luck so far.

srslykev

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot! This fixed most issues I had with my just bought Band 2 (+ Lumia 830 with latest Win 10).
Calendar, texts and cortana didn't work for me before. Now, the only thing not working is notifications from whatsapp and other general ones..

Last edited:

devbent

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

This is a known issue with the latest W10M build. It may help to manually open up the Health app, rebooting your phone could also help. The problem seems to be isolated to the Health app on the Phone, so resetting your band likely won't resolve the issue. (Although starting the Health App because you are going through OOBE again may fix the issue by virtue of starting up the Health app.)

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that worked for me was to hard-reset the phone. However, I'm now plagued again by Outlook Mail sending double notifications for every message, one with the mail sender as title pushed by the Mail tile and one with Outlook Mail as title pushed by the Notifications Center.

DeNachtwacht

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
The only thing that worked for me was to hard-reset the phone. However, I'm now plagued again by Outlook Mail sending double notifications for every message, one with the mail sender as title pushed by the Mail tile and one with Outlook Mail as title pushed by the Notifications Center.

It's a bug that still exists in the latest .36 build that was released the day before yesterday. I personally don't mind a lot because the mails still will be displayed fine in the Notifications area so I just removed the Mail tile for now.. works fine as a workaround untill they have fixed it.

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Oftopic:-
Does the outlook mail supports quick reply?

Not, yet (I hope) the new Facebook beta started to support comment/reply from notification center, so hopefully comes to outlook mail too. Another thing is if the message tile can do Skype message too, as same on the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb