Why isn't my calendar keeping events?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Calendar not keeping events

My Band has started having an issue where I sync my Band and phone. All of my appointments sync to the Band and then within the hour, my Band is saying...."Nothing here, you're good to go." Or something to that effect. I use my Band calendar app alot. I set my meals, snacks and workout times on my phone and sync them to my Band. I performed a factory rest on my Band earlier today, but the issue remains.

Is anyone else seeing this issue? Seems like it has started since the last Health app update, but I don't see how an issue with the app would cause the calendar on my Band to loose my appointments.

*Lumia Icon running 8.1
*Gen 1 MS Band

everything is updated

Hank Trimble

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Calendar not keeping events

I'm experiencing the same thing. All other notifications remain on the Band. Since you already did a reset on the Band, I'll skip that test. I'm going to turn Bluetooth off on my phone to see if it's the Band or phone causing the issue. I'll report back with the results.
Icon 8.1
Band 1st gen.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Hank, thanks. I hadn't thought about turning Bt on my phone off. Also, I'm using Pimp My Band and Fanband apps. I wonder if one of those apps is suddenly causing the problem...

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

Same problem here. everything notifications runs ok, but the calendar keeps the events for only +/- 10mins after sync.
Weird.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I turned my Bt off this morning, and went to bed. My phone was in Quiet Hours, just got up and my calendar apts are still showing on my Band. I'm going to leave my phone's Bt off a little more and see what happens.

This is weird that the phone is jacking with the Bands calendar app. Nothing has changed with my phone. I'm still running 8.1 like I have for months.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Ok, so testing continues as follows:

Bt on phone "off": Band calendar apts remain.
Bt on phone "on": Within 5 minutes the apts disappear.
Bt on Band "off": Band calendar apts remain.

I believe this issue revolves around the last MS Health app update.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Back to the drawing board. Been running the Band with Bt off all afternoon. Apts on the Band still showing up, even alarming at the appointed time. Just finished working out. Checked my Band and all the apts were gone. Turned bt back on, synced my Band to my phone, Bt back off to see how long it lasts this time.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

Let's start over - what exactly are you seeing? In my case, if I hit the big button, scroll to the calendar tile and tap it, I see the upcoming events. Pretty much what I'd expect to see. Are you talking about calendar notifications? I know I get the alarms, but I don't remember seeing the event hanging around.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Upcoming events do not stay on my Band. Within 5 minutes of syncing my phone to my band, the upcoming events are gone.

N1cks

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, same problem here.

The Calendar was working fine until I did a factory reset due to an issue with the touch screen.

Seems the Bluetooth isn't importing the Calendar data as it should. Because if I disconnect from Bluetooth, the Calendar information stays. But when I reconnected, the Calendar info disappears after a bit.

planty

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Same issue here
Everything else syncs fine: texts, email, notifications etc
Started happening recently after months of working fine
If I sync manually using the health app they re-appear but then after a while disappear

Looks to me like a Health app issue?!

Lumia 920 windows 8.1 original band

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Same here. Lumia 920 & Microsoft Band Mk I.

Anyone tried deleting & reinstalling the MS Health App...?

Haven't gone as far as deleting/reinstalling the health app, as everything else functions normally.

CreepinJesus

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I doubt another "me too" post will help, but I'm having the same issue. I've just got a brand new Band (1) and my calendar appointments all disappear some time after syncing. They're still on my phone, BT is still connected, everything else works as it should; it's just the calendar that keeps wiping itself clean :/

CreepinJesus

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I got the update last night - just checked my Band now, this morning, and the calendar events are still there! Hopefully that's that sorted, then!

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Update seems to have fixed it for me too. It is nice having my BT turned on the Band and getting messages, phone calls and other notifications. Sucked missing out on the full range of features the Band offered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital